Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Was a warm, but not too hot, morning here in NJ so figured I‘g give the P2 its first wash and shine since I picked it up three weeks ago. Holding on a full ceramic treatment for another few months until paint is completely cured (advice varies on this, some do it ASAP, others say wait, do what’s good for you).

Love the Void when its clean and shiny!

View attachment 16186
Love it. I was “detailing” my wife’s P2 today. I actually don’t think of this as work, but as something I enjoy doing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
As much as I love black cars (I currently own 2 of 4), I’m starting to move away from that color, for the reason cited above. When they are clean, IMO, no color looks better. But keeping them that way takes some effort.

What I do with my black cars, to keep them looking sharp for longer periods, is:

(1) I try to only drive them on dry days (since two cars are light in color, I drive those on rainy days).

(2) I dust them off, regularly. No washing needed, and takes about 60 seconds.

Oh, and the one black car not kept in my garage, I keep covered.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Seriously, if it is raining and I want to go somewhere, I think long and hard if I could postpone and go on a different day, especially if I just washed it.

Yep. Luckily, I have other cars that I can take instead. If I only had one car, and it was black, well, I just have to resign myself to the fact that I will have to wash the car more often.

Dust is easily wiped, or blown off. Removal of street grime, after a rain, requires more effort.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 1 month old and have yet to bathe her. She’s a bit dusty and ready for a wash for sure. I’m wondering … if you don’t mind me asking what you use to dust them off. The void is my first black car that I actually care about.
I’ve used microfiber cloths (preferred), clean cotton towels, and one of those dust wipy things my wife uses to dust off our ebony black baby grand piano, which easily scratches.

KEY POINT: I don’t wipe/scrub (unless I put some liquid on a spot). I quickly brush (with no pressure) over the surface of the car…that’s all that’s needed to get pollen and dust off the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts