Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit low tonight, several things, 4g, forgetting phones, wing mirrors not retuning, internet (never had it) radio no dab, Wi-fi go away, fab car but the small things are biting.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What makes you think the Mustang would be any better?

If you're that bothered with the P*2, absolutely return it, but that's something only you can answer.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Wing Mirrors ... turn OFF auto-dipping in reverse. When you need a mirror dipped, once in reverse double press the L or R in the drivers door. Works perfectly eveytime.

The other stuff - Take to a dealer and demand the latest Patch ... this seems to completely fix the 4G issue.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
A bit low tonight, several things, 4g, forgetting phones, wing mirrors not retuning, internet (never had it) radio no dab, Wi-fi go away, fab car but the small things are biting.
Book it in for the WiFi/4G issues, I had mine in two days after I called, only takes a few hours, and also got the upgrade to the latest version with Android 10 which will be pushed OTA later this month.

Not sure if this fixes the mirror issues, and it never forgot our iPhones, but maybe it does.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Actually that might be a good test to see if the Connect button uses different hardware than the mobile data connection.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Actually that might be a good test to see if the Connect button uses different hardware than the mobile data connection.
All comms are in the same unit.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
I checked- the Connect button works fine. Pressing it took me back to Day 2 of ownership when the car was towed away.
I'm not going to Volvo for the 4g problem. I figure if I wait a week or 2 there will be a bunch of issues for them to look at.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I checked- the Connect button works fine. Pressing it took me back to Day 2 of ownership when the car was towed away.
I'm not going to Volvo for the 4g problem. I figure if I wait a week or 2 there will be a bunch of issues for them to look at.
Makes sense, I delayed my visit by six weeks after delivery for the same reason, but in this case I think it’s worth it for the software update.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Since Friday my 4g has disappeared & the connect button has been lit up. Cruel coincidence dastardly plan? I’m undecided
Maybe the CS person you let rip at earlier on in your ownership is playing around and switching your 4G on and off?
It shouldn't be the car as it always seems to be clean unless of course it's one of those that likes to be treated mean!
Seriously I would get the latest update. I have noticed that with good signal strength it shows LTE and if poorer then shows 3G. I think the system gets confused when you get in and out if the car quickly (set off and forgot something), if the 4G hasn't fully loaded then it loses it when you get back in. That happened to mine even after latest update but is ok again after not using it for a day but I still had WIFI.
Do you still have satnav working?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Maybe the CS person you let rip at earlier on in your ownership is playing around and switching your 4G on and off?
It shouldn't be the car as it always seems to be clean unless of course it's one of those that likes to be treated mean!
Seriously I would get the latest update. I have noticed that with good signal strength it shows LTE and if poorer then shows 3G. I think the system gets confused when you get in and out if the car quickly (set off and forgot something), if the 4G hasn't fully loaded then it loses it when you get back in. That happened to mine even after latest update but is ok again after not using it for a day but I still had WIFI.
Do you still have satnav working?
I have an empty triangle. Very restricted sat nav, with no traffic updates. Can't use the apps.
Does anyone else get mildly irrated when American Google's response to "play radio" or "call Shaniqua" is "there's no connection right now but I can help you play music, or make calls"

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have an empty triangle. Very restricted sat nav, with no traffic updates. Can't use the apps.
Does anyone else get mildly irrated when American Google's response to "play radio" or "call Shaniqua" is "there's no connection right now but I can help you play music, or make calls"
Her accent drives me nuts!

·
Registered
436 Posts
All connected with the 4G. Mine was the same before it went in. I can now tether it to my phone if 4G drops after the update but to be honest I have only lost LTE once on the drive home although it shows 3G more. It seems slow to react to changes in signal preferring to use the crap one rather than the better one!
I suggest book it in now as when lockdown eases you will want to use the car and there will be no slots left at the garage as everyone will be taking their Volvos in for service. You then have to put up with the frustration even longer, at least now it is likely to be short local journeys where you don't need the satnav.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Other elements of the infotainment are laggy too. Is anyone else getting a delay when using heated seat/wheel?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts