Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a steer from you guys. I received my car earlier this week. I was frustrated that the car came with the pre OTA September edition and it’s booked into Volvo on Monday for an update. However I’m reading that all you guys with the latest software are unable to connect to either 4G and the WiFi tethering is problematic. Is this universal problem?
currently my 4G doesn’t work but my WiFi works seamlessly. I’m starting to think I should stick with what I have until Polestar fix these issues in their latest software. I might take the car into Volvo and end up with something worse than I have.
what do people think? I’d appreciate your advice based on your experience.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
I would update. There is clearly a specific update for the connectivity which I’ve just received. I am still on the 1st November update but the WiFi issues fixed. I think the 4G may have also improved but I didn’t suffer much with this issue anyway.

The update does bring tweaks and features which I would personally recommend.

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
39 Posts
I’m looking for a steer from you guys. I received my car earlier this week. I was frustrated that the car came with the pre OTA September edition and it’s booked into Volvo on Monday for an update. However I’m reading that all you guys with the latest software are unable to connect to either 4G and the WiFi tethering is problematic. Is this universal problem?
currently my 4G doesn’t work but my WiFi works seamlessly. I’m starting to think I should stick with what I have until Polestar fix these issues in their latest software. I might take the car into Volvo and end up with something worse than I have.
what do people think? I’d appreciate your advice based on your experience.
I’m in the same boat as you Stunto. Car delivered with the September software. WiFi and 4G have been working flawlessly. It was due to go into Volvo Warrington yesterday for the update but I’ve been in self isolation since Tuesday due to covid so I had to cancel.

After reading of all the problems on here and Facebook I’m glad I’ve put it off for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the latest update sorts it!

·
Registered
P*2 9xxx, Dec sw, Midnight, 20",No PP
45 Posts
I'm on the October version and I was going to wait but I've had one too many 12 V critical warning messages when I wanted to get going so I'm updating. I think the September version doesn't support OTA so if now is a good time to be without the car it may save hassle further down the line.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I'd wait until they push a 2021 update, then take the car in. If the Wifi-Hotspot works then keep doing that until then.

my $0.02

Reactions: StarPole

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you Stunto. Car delivered with the September software. WiFi and 4G have been working flawlessly. It was due to go into Volvo Warrington yesterday for the update but I’ve been in self isolation since Tuesday due to covid so I had to cancel.

After reading of all the problems on here and Facebook I’m glad I’ve put it off for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the latest update sorts it!
Hi im reading your post re warrington servicing, Im a Volvo owner about to get a P2, but I hate Warrington Volvo> It was my understanding that with polestar they collect your car when it needs servicing meaning Id at least not have to visit Warrington.Is this not the case?

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
39 Posts
Hi im reading your post re warrington servicing, Im a Volvo owner about to get a P2, but I hate Warrington Volvo> It was my understanding that with polestar they collect your car when it needs servicing meaning Id at least not have to visit Warrington.Is this not the case?
For the update they said it wouldn’t take long so I could just wait while they were doing it? Are they that poor? Have you any experience of Volvo Chester?They are about the same distance from me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For servicing, I think so, but it may well be your local Volvo dealer collecting / dropping off. If you have any issues PS CS ask you to take it to your local dealer. You may be able to change that nominated dealer.

Long Term, there will be “Spaces” opening that are through and through but at the moment they are few and far between and currently sales focused.

But don’t let that stop you, it’s a stunning car and PS CS are really very good, I’ve personally never had any problems with them.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m convinced to wait. As much as I want scheduled preconditioning and the other improvements. The frustration of no 4g AND WiFi would drive me crazy.
thanks for comments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm in the same position as you except I requested the software update and wil taken it Friday. Let's see what happens.

Ive lost my internet connection on the way home from work most days this week so I'm not convinced it's just software. Also I can bitch at them if it doesn't work which is a good past time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For the update they said it wouldn’t take long so I could just wait while they were doing it? Are they that poor? Have you any experience of Volvo Chester?They are about the same distance from me.
I can vouch for Volvo Chester, they've done all the recall work and software updates on my car, and sorted out getting a replacement Michelin from Sweden. Rob in the Service Dept is your man.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 - Void - VIN 005xxx
16 Posts
Hey guys, just joined this forum as having a few issues, reading the threads looks like I'm not alone. Car ordered July, delivered Sept. Had no 4g or WiFi last 2 weeks, 12v critical message which automatically slows car to 20mph on several occasions, auto head lights constantly unavailable,

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
39 Posts
Hey guys, just joined this forum as having a few issues, reading the threads looks like I'm not alone. Car ordered July, delivered Sept. Had no 4g or WiFi last 2 weeks, 12v critical message which automatically slows car to 20mph on several occasions, auto head lights constantly unavailable,
Has it been in for any recall work?

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
107 Posts
4G stability better over the last few days - previously I thought I had jinxed it by installing TIDAL (£4 for 4 months offer). No WiFi (no MAC address visible) but presumably an OTA update will resolve this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The nearest Volvo dealer to me is Warrington but I decided to use Preston, they are both Rybrook but my experience with Preston was much better than Warrington. The dealership is a little further as it is north Preston but it is a big brand new one only 1 minute off the motorway junction. They offered me courtesy car or driver collection for the recall. They have apparently had a few Polestars in so the technician is quite experienced. They kept me informed all the way so I could recommend them.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
If you've had the recalls done, you should definitely NOT be having any of those things happening aside from 4G/WiFi problems. If you are getting any of them, call Polestar immediately and get them to force the dealer to sort out the car as it will eventually leave you stranded. All of the early cars should have had those problems fixed ages ago!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts