Polestar Forum banner

Should we have extra forum areas based on geographic location?

• Yes, lots of individual ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It feels like the forum is expanding very nicely with lots of activity!

It's been suggested that we might want to look at offering geographic-oriented forum areas, e.g. North America, Europe, UK :rolleyes:, and so on. I wouldn't want them to replace our main Polestar 2 forum as I think the international aspect is one of the most enjoyable aspects, but would you other-side-of-the-ponders like a more North American area? Would it help to keep track of threads to do with US deliveries and the website, for instance? Likewise for our friends in Belgium, the Nordic countries, and so on?

Let me know what you think :) I'm open to other related suggestions too.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I've really enjoyed "meeting" people from all over on this forum. I think we're doing ok by using the thread titles to indicate region-specific topics.

Besides, I'm slowly learning English while I'm at it. (No need to faff about complicating things.)

·
Registered
California
604 Posts
I think there are already too many sections in this forum given how few owners + active threads we have going

(eg technically shouldn’t this have gone in the "Polestar-Forum.com Site Issue, Help and Feedback” section? 😬)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Europe has a lot more experience, and NA is barely getting off the ground. I'll always want to watch what is going on there. Now that I'm done talking about soccer, let's talk about Polestar.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The international nature of this forum is one of the things I enjoy most about being here.

There's some irrelevant threads to me due to the region specific nature of the thread, I choose to read, or I can choose to move on. I don't see that is a big deal.

If anything is to "change" I think it's better categorisation of the threads we do have. Almost all new threads, regardless the content end up on the p2 forum. Not complaining, but in the future with more and more users it's something we will need to be more careful about.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The international nature of this forum is one of the things I enjoy most about being here.

There's some irrelevant threads to me due to the region specific nature of the thread, I choose to read, or I can choose to move on. I don't see that is a big deal.

If anything is to "change" I think it's better categorisation of the threads we do have. Almost all new threads, regardless the content end up on the p2 forum. Not complaining, but in the future with more and more users it's something we will need to be more careful about.
I agree, I really do like the international nature of the forum. Makes me happy to be an earthling.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I dislike people from home and abroad equally.

Seriously I think it's nice to speak to people with different experiences etc. Also how will our American friends learn British slang? They are working so hard to learn the language properly!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I dislike people from home and abroad equally.

Seriously I think it's nice to speak to people with different experiences etc. Also how will our American friends learn British slang? They are working so hard to learn the language properly!
Now whacha mean by dat?!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
In this moment of mutual admiration, I just want to say I appreciate this thread for pointing me to the existence of @upyurbum , who is apparently American and not just @dave under a different account
I can’t claim @upyurbum - although I did laugh when I saw the name & that he’s from LA. Obviously one of those rare cool Americans

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've really enjoyed "meeting" people from all over on this forum. I think we're doing ok by using the thread titles to indicate region-specific topics.

Besides, I'm slowly learning English while I'm at it. (No need to faff about complicating things.)
I'm with the Prof on this one, it makes things more interesting (nice use of the word faff by the way, top banana).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think we need region specific areas - but if you make a post that's probably specific to each region (e.g. US Deliveries, UK Charger Suppliers, Region Service/Support) then maybe those posts could be tagged as such? e.g. with a '[UK] / [EU] / [US]' in the thread titles? That way people can choose to engage in that thread or not if it doesn't apply to them.

The only suggestion I might have that I have seen work elsewhere is non-English sections for different languages (e.g. Spanish, French, German)...for those that don't feel comfortable posting in English?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, that's all really useful feedback. The original suggestion came from the dark overlords of the site itself and my response was that I thought the international flavor really made it even more enjoyable and that we should leave it be unless it becomes unmanageable without separate areas.

Aside from being so tempting to give @dave his own area, where only he can hang out, it seems like it's best not to change things. If foreign language speakers would like a separate area then let me know, but given that each country seems to have its own fora anyway, I suspect it's probably not really needed but do let me know.

I'll let this thread run another few days and then close it, unless anyone has any objections?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.