Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess it was only a matter of time until someone stooped low enough....
This car is my fastest, quietest, temperamentalist.....but also the dirtiest I’ve ever owned despite it getting washed the most! Especially, as I’ve mentioned before, the filthy rear end.
Washed 4 days ago (no need to blur the Reg plate)

Show me yours posing filthily.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I guess it was only a matter of time until someone stooped low enough....
This car is my fastest, quietest, temperamentalist.....but also the dirtiest I’ve ever owned despite it getting washed the most! Especially, as I’ve mentioned before, the filthy rear end.
Washed 4 days ago (no need to blur the Reg plate)
View attachment 2529
So me yours posing filthily.
Side View, rear was as bad as yours with number plate pretty unreadable.

20201216_113547_resized.jpg

Mud flaps will be more welcome than ceramic coating!

You sleeping in the car Dave or is that a jacket in your boot?

·
Registered
260 Posts
But, get too close while putting stuff in the boot and you get dirty trousers/skirt/frock or dress, depending!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
But wait, people said that white was the colour to go for because it's easier to keep clean... gosh, were they mistaken!?

Mine was filthy within 5 minutes of it arriving at mine!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Side View, rear was as bad as yours with number plate pretty unreadable.

View attachment 2534

Mud flaps will be more welcome than ceramic coating!

You sleeping in the car Dave or is that a jacket in your boot?
My chap at the car wash says mudflaps “won’t make much difference. It’s all about the vortex”. I just nodded. Can’t afford to fall out with him.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
If anyone has mud flaps and can give an opinion? I suspect it’s a vortex and would make no difference. It’s so obvious again you might wonder if Polestar noticed in development?

·
Registered
436 Posts
My chap at the car wash says mudflaps “won’t make much difference. It’s all about the vortex”. I just nodded. Can’t afford to fall out with him.
Of course how silly of me I should have thought about the vortex! :unsure: :oops:
Polestar new optional extra - a mini jet wash attachment for the rear.
Wonder if the fix will end up being a rear spoiler or diffuser.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
The trouble is that aerodynamically you want a clean break at the end of the car if you can't have long swoopy tail, but the clean break creates a vacuum at speed which sucks up road dirt up the rear:

I'm sure that's a simplification and I don't profess to know the exact aerodynamics of the car ;) and it's a bit different because it's a fastback not a saloon, but I think the gist is that the bluff rear sucks up road dirt and wetness this way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The trouble is that aerodynamically you want a clean break at the end of the car if you can't have long swoopy tail, but the clean break creates a vacuum at speed which sucks up road dirt up the rear:

View attachment 2537

I'm sure that's a simplification and I don't profess to know the exact aerodynamics of the car ;) and it's a bit different because it's a fastback not a saloon, but I think the gist is that the bluff rear sucks up road dirt and wetness this way.
I hate to say it but those outlines look like a Morris Marina and the coupe version! Have we not moved on since then?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Has anyone found a scale model of the PS2? Maybe we could conduct our own wind tunnel experiments :D

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I think he's right!

If you find streaks of mud low on the panel behind the wheels, mudflaps would help. But general spray as I see it on your pictures? Yeah... your chap at the car wash knows his stuff. Never underestimate the intelligence of everyday folks. I've got fancy degrees, but that doesn't mean I'm smarter than your guy at the car wash.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts