Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had the car for exactly 2 weeks now. Absolutely loving it, had 2 main gripes. (1 more significant than the other).

1. Driver Door mirror wont return to its normal position after dipping for reverse parking. It tries to return but is just not quite there and annoying enough to notice. In the end turned off the mirror dipping and now just using the 360° camera.

2. It seemed random on how to keep the dashboard illuminated after putting the car on charge, so I can look out my home window and check on charge status. When I went to lock the car it just turned off but one time it stayed on.
- I have worked this one out however I think. If you go into the car and 'lock cable' on your centre iPad rather than the button on the charge port, it seems to remain illuminated after you lock with your key and leave the car.

Other than that, car has been brilliant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue with the driver's door mirror, but after 2 weeks it seems to have just sorted itself out. Almost as though it was physically sticking and has now freed itself so it works. I guess it may return as the weather gets colder so something to look out for. It's a really useful feature to have I think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got my car Monday. I manually adjusted the mirrors and noticed at first drivers door mirror was a little slower or sluggish. Moved it up down a few times and it’s absolutely fine. Almost like it needed to be ‘run in’.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Someone had mentioned somewhere else that if you go from reverse to drive too quickly the mirrors stop moving?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm I'll give that a go then, I'll move it through all its degrees of freedom a few times and see if it works. First car I've had with tilting mirrors so I'm used to living without.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone had mentioned somewhere else that if you go from reverse to drive too quickly the mirrors stop moving?
Ahh this sounds possible, I do have to make quick adjustments sometimes when getting in the lines haha. Time for some testing!

·
Registered
2020 Void
3 Posts
So had the car for exactly 2 weeks now. Absolutely loving it, had 2 main gripes. (1 more significant than the other).

1. Driver Door mirror wont return to its normal position after dipping for reverse parking. It tries to return but is just not quite there and annoying enough to notice. In the end turned off the mirror dipping and now just using the 360° camera.

2. It seemed random on how to keep the dashboard illuminated after putting the car on charge, so I can look out my home window and check on charge status. When I went to lock the car it just turned off but one time it stayed on.
- I have worked this one out however I think. If you go into the car and 'lock cable' on your centre iPad rather than the button on the charge port, it seems to remain illuminated after you lock with your key and leave the car.

Other than that, car has been brilliant.
On point 1 i had the same issue when i got the car. Brought it to my local volvo dealer and by pressing the left and right mirror buttons AT THE SAME TIME mirrors somehow started to reset/move. Let me know if this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts