Polestar Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
'22 Midnight | SMLR | Pilot | Plus | 19"
49 Posts
My local space has added single motor to the test drive options, but it is grayed out and unselectable so far. Hoping to test drive single motor at some point before my car arrives in a few months. Would turning creep on help with the delay you are describing?
Not sure. I will experiment. It's probably just that I've been driving my electric Mini Cooper a lot lately and the accelerator on that is absolutely instant, throw your head back if you just look at it.

·
Registered
LRSM Void,Pilot,Plus
589 Posts
My local space has added single motor to the test drive options, but it is grayed out and unselectable so far. Hoping to test drive single motor at some point before my car arrives in a few months. Would turning creep on help with the delay you are describing?
I get around that by just tickling the pedal right before you want to go. If you can anticipate when the light is about to go green, you can release the brake and be ready to launch like this :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
It’s like that to make the start smoother, the accelerator doesn’t feel like a trigger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was just searching on YouTube for new single motor videos. When I filter to this week, I see one from 3 days ago showing a 0-60 acceleration. Not sure if we are supposed to link. Seems even faster than I was expecting. Looking forward to test driving

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not sure. I will experiment. It's probably just that I've been driving my electric Mini Cooper a lot lately and the accelerator on that is absolutely instant, throw your head back if you just look at it.
definitely preferring the delay. My eGolf was instant and made the car zippy but the P*2 is more relaxed and fast enough.

Reactions: Norbu72

·
Premium Member
'22 Midnight | SMLR | Pilot | Plus | 19"
49 Posts
I first posted this in the Midnight owners thread but very relevant here because of the efficiency of the SMLR.

First road trip yesterday. Portland to Gig Harbor, WA. I ended up going 320 miles and averaged 30.2 kwh/100miles (sorry forgot to get a screen shot).

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
772 Posts
definitely preferring the delay. My eGolf was instant and made the car zippy but the P*2 is more relaxed and fast enough.
I doubt the mapping is different just because I have the smaller battery, but to me it’s less like a delay, and more like it’s a relaxed acceleration curve. I like it as-is because it feels more controllable

21 - 27 of 27 Posts