Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I never thought a 7 second car would be considered slow. It's not. And it feels faster than you are likely used to because the 0-30 is surely even faster than any other ICE car you've driven. The instant torque provides a completely different feeling that makes any 0-60 time feel faster. Your foot seems directly connected to the speedometer, and the car exhibits no strain whatsoever.
Well tbf my previous car was a BMW 335d and that had a 0-60 of about 4.5 seconds so it is slower than that was - and that acceleration was a very different experience than you get with electric cars.

But, I very rarely accessed that performance, so I was comfortable knowing that the single motor was going to be more than adequate, especially with the way that performance is delivered as you say - and it is still faster than any other ICE car I owned before the BMW.

And it also has that push you back in the seat feeling if you accelerate hard - so I'm definitely not saying it's slow 馃檪

Registered
Well tbf my previous car was a BMW 335d and that had a 0-60 of about 4.5 seconds so it is slower than that was - and that acceleration was a very different experience than you get with electric cars.

But, I very rarely accessed that performance, so I was comfortable knowing that the single motor was going to be more than adequate, especially with the way that performance is delivered as you say - and it is still faster than any other ICE car I owned before the BMW.

And it also has that push you back in the seat feeling if you accelerate hard - so I'm definitely not saying it's slow 馃檪
Any ICE car that comes close gives you the feeling that the car is straining massively to obtain that 0-60 time. You wonder if the engine is going to come apart. With an EV it is smooth, effortless, and you feel like you could do it all day without a care. With an ICE there is so much drama.

Registered
I must say that the performance was one of the concerns I had when opting for the single motor car without managing to get a test drive. Its good to hear that people are satisfied with the performance but also that it is useful in the situations that you need it. Does it still pull well from 30-50mph and 50-70mph when overtaking etc. I think this is a more likely scenario than the 0-60 time in 99% of situations.

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I must say that the performance was one of the concerns I had when opting for the single motor car without managing to get a test drive. Its good to hear that people are satisfied with the performance but also that it is useful in the situations that you need it. Does it still pull well from 30-50mph and 50-70mph when overtaking etc. I think this is a more likely scenario than the 0-60 time in 99% of situations.
I haven't had much of a chance to test the 50-70 performance yet, but certainly at lower speeds that instant torque is there if you need it to overtake or get out of a situation.

It was also noticeable that range looks quite promising - a 30ish mile journey of mixed roads returned just over 31kWH/100mi - will be monitoring how close to 200miles range I can get on a full charge.

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
With that diagram it's the interior lights - number 1 - I want to dim as they're ridiculously bright.

Nothing seems to change those - the manual dial doesn't turn them down nor do any settings I've found.

Registered
I was almost decided to buy LRSM when I was in sale center. But just before signing the contract I asked if I can try LRDM just for test in 30 minutes. And that was that... Car with this engine is monster... From first pedal acceleration I knew that I want this over LRSM, which was very good anyway but didn't had this "something". After that I ordered LRDM instead of single. Now I have to wait until February 2022 for my car. Meh... Hope that time will go fast :) congratulations to everybody who ordered/received cars already :)

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So a bit of an update after a few days driving the car and setting everything up (without any issues so far including PAK) for anybody else getting a single motor PS2.

Driving
  • Loving the 0-40 acceleration - that smooth electric surge makes me smile every time.
  • 40-60 and 50-70 (ish 馃檪) is perfect and more than adequate for overtakes and safely pulling into gaps.
  • Ride on 19s feels fine, not too hard.
  • The LED matrix headlights are amazing.
  • The 360 camera view isn't that great - I switch to the rear view camera.
Battery
  • Took just over 6 hours to charge it from 25% to 90% (about 43kw) - so far range is looking at around 200+ miles for a full battery.
  • Seeing about 33-34kWh/100 miles for most trips - mostly town and a little bit of 'spirited' dual carriageway driving e.g. today's drive of 18 miles used 8% of the battery at 32.6kWh/100miles.
  • Seems to take about 10 miles for the battery to fully 'warm' up - regen is limited up to that point. Will try pre-warming the battery next time I go out.
And driving today I had at least 3 people giving it the 'what is that car' stare - never had that with any other car 馃槀.

Insurance is also proving to be a bit of a pain - they have a 64kw and a 64kw with plus pack on the insurance database, but I've currently had to get it insured as a 78kw with plus and pilot while they get it assessed properly.

Registered
So a bit of an update after a few days driving the car and setting everything up (without any issues so far including PAK) for anybody else getting a single motor PS2.

Driving
  • Loving the 0-40 acceleration - that smooth electric surge makes me smile every time.
  • 40-60 and 50-70 (ish 馃檪) is perfect and more than adequate for overtakes and safely pulling into gaps.
Battery
  • Took just over 6 hours to charge it from 25% to 90% (about 43kw) - so far range is looking at around 200+ miles for a full battery.
  • Seeing about 33-34kWh/100 miles for most trips - mostly town and a little bit of 'spirited' dual carriageway driving e.g. today's drive of 18 miles used 8% of the battery at 32.6kWh/100miles.
  • Seems to take about 10 miles for the battery to fully 'warm' up - regen is limited up to that point. Will try pre-warming the battery next time I go out.
And driving today I had at least 3 people giving it the 'what is that car' stare - never had that with any other car 馃槀.

Insurance is also proving to be a bit of a pain - they have a 64kw and a 64kw with plus pack on the insurance database, but I've currently had to get it insured as a 78kw with plus and pilot while they get it assessed properly.
I'm waiting for delivery of my car which is the SM Standard Range with Pilot pack only. The insurance company only list it as 64kw Plus or just 64kw. I told them I have the pilot pack and the listed out the optional extras in to the policy.

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yeah I'm waiting for the insurance company (LV) to call me back to confirm the spec and to presumably go through their underwriters to be assessed with the right options.

Even if I put the registration number in to Compare the Market it recognises it, but it has the wrong model showing.

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Also love the fact that you can just get in and drive without doing anything, but the remote locking is playing havoc with my OCD - lock car, pull handle to check it's locked, unlock car, lock car again - rinse and repeat 馃槀

Registered
Yeah I'm waiting for the insurance company (LV) to call me back to confirm the spec and to presumably go through their underwriters to be assessed with the right options.

Even if I put the registration number in to Compare the Market it recognises it, but it has the wrong model showing.
I was getting quotes for a SMLR pilot and plus just to see what it would be before the car arrives, but the database only has it as DMLR pilot plus, the quote was 拢445. Overal not to shabby but expect it to drop for the SMLR.

Registered

Driving
Battery

Now I know what my next car can be. And I can save some money to boot.

Registered

My car registration was not recognised when I put the details in. The insurance agent had to select the car manually.

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The blinking red light!
馃槀 I know, and the folded in door mirrors, but something still tells me to try the handle just to be 100% sure - I'm sure I'll get out of the habit soon enough 馃檪

Registered
Polestar 2
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Now I know what my next car can be. And I can save some money to boot.
My choice was a base DM or SM with all the packs, so felt like a no brainer tbh - and we know we'll all probably be trying to get the Precept in 2-3 years time 馃槀

Registered
My choice was a base DM or SM with all the packs, so felt like a no brainer tbh - and we know we'll all probably be trying to get the Precept in 2-3 years time 馃槀
When my P2 goes back a Precept will likely be well out of my range. And since I realize now that no one in their right mind needs to go 0-60 in 4.5 sec, a SM P2 would work just fine.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts