Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my PS2 this week. I see on the Polestar website there are instructions to activate Sirius. I cannot discern whether this is for the forthcoming 2022 car or all models. Anyone with 2021 getting Sirius natively or are we still going through phone Bluetooth? Thanks, I'm just trying to prepare myself before I pitch a bitch.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
At some point PS said there will be an app for it. Supposed to be this year, but I'm not holding my breath either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm to assume the 2022 has the hardware. The polestar website describes satellite, and not app based

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I'm to assume the 2022 has the hardware. The polestar website describes satellite, and not app based
That looks like the Volvo Sensus system. Wonder why? Our display does not have the audio options on the left.
My guess is that it will be an app as soon as Sirius gets it approved by Google.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
This makes it look like it's already there. Haven't checked in a while. Yes, the signal will come from the satellites as usual, but you'll still need the app to access the hw in the car. If they had just given us an app that used cellular delivery we might have had it a lot sooner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This makes it look like it's already there. Haven't checked in a while. Yes, the signal will come from the satellites as usual, but you'll still need the app to access the hw in the car. If they had just given us an app that used cellular delivery we might have had it a lot sooner.
So is the HW included in the 2021 or is it something new in the 2022?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I’m guessing siriusXM is finally being rolled out in some form and the manual is being updated prior to the update that brings that functionality. That said, this is almost assuredly a copy/paste job from an older Volvo manual. They’ve been known to do that….
So I wouldn’t put much stock in any details on that page, just that it indicates it’s being implemented in some form

Reactions: ctonylee65

·
Registered
99 Posts
In another topic we were discussing how few apps have been released for Automotive. It would be nice if they allow us to use AA/CarPlay so we can use apps that actually matter to us.

·
Registered
267 Posts
In another topic we were discussing how few apps have been released for Automotive. It would be nice if they allow us to use AA/CarPlay so we can use apps that actually matter to us.
I think the plan for Google is to have/require that apps for AA port over to AAOS. But that's step 1. Step 2 is then that it has to work within the UI that Polestar has overlaid.

To be honest, I'd prefer to see more of a pure AAOS look, rather than the Polestar version of it. Let Polestar retain the Status, Navigation, and HVAC bars, but let AAOS handle the space currently displayed as the 2x2 grid.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the plan for Google is to have/require that apps for AA port over to AAOS. But that's step 1. Step 2 is then that it has to work within the UI that Polestar has overlaid.

To be honest, I'd prefer to see more of a pure AAOS look, rather than the Polestar version of it. Let Polestar retain the Status, Navigation, and HVAC bars, but let AAOS handle the space currently displayed as the 2x2 grid.
Thanks. Quick question. When streaming Sirius through BT what is displayed on the screen? Are we totally out of the Android Auto experience?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks. Quick question. When streaming Sirius through BT what is displayed on the screen? Are we totally out of the Android Auto experience?
We don't have Android Auto, we have Android Automotive OS. (Yeah, Google could have done a better job with names)

You're never "out of" the Android Automotive OS experience, because it's the operating system.

Also, anything played through Bluetooth will have a degraded sound quality. All the more reason they need to get the dedicated SiriusXM app up and running. (Not that SiriusXM has a high bit rate, but it's better than Bluetooth)

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Also, anything played through Bluetooth will have a degraded sound quality. All the more reason they need to get the dedicated SiriusXM app up and running. (Not that SiriusXM has a high bit rate, but it's better than Bluetooth)
I find the music streamed from my phone via BT to sound much better than Spotify or iHeart Radio.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
When streaming Sirius through BT what is displayed on the screen?
It depends to some degree on the app you are running on your phone as to what it will transmit to the car screen. But in general the answer is, not much. I'd guess you'll see a list of channels but no display art.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I find the music streamed from my phone via BT to sound much better than Spotify or iHeart Radio.
I can't speak to iHeart Radio, since I don't use that, but in Spotify, have you set it to the highest bit rate setting? Out of the box, it's set to the lowest.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts