Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P2 PP Snow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long wait... from placing a deposit back in September 2019 to taking a delivery at Toronto Space early January 2021.

The final process started on December 1st and was handled mostly over email and texts. I talked to multiple people and every one was super nice, helpful and responsive.

On the handover day the entire process took under half an hour. It comes down to few signatures, exchanging the keys and "guided tour" of the feature including signing in with your Google account. For some reason Google decided to block my attempt to sign in, so it took three tries. The winter tires were pre-installed. Nice!

I enjoyed the drive home, although I feel like adjusting the dampers to a softer setting.

I got this alert once I arrived and parked the car:

My first reaction - pick up the tire repair kit and add some air. 41 psi front, 42 psi back. Done, but the alert didn't clear. Check air again, all good. Finally, I read the message and went to "Car Status" app. There I found a "greyed out" but still clickable button to save air pressure readings. Clicked. The Car Status now shows a screen that looks like it tries to save something. After 10 min or some I gave up and left the car in that state. In the morning the screen didn't change and the alert didn't clear, so I decided to drive the car around the block. That did the trick. The air pressure readings are saved and the alert is gone.

Well, at least I know that the air pump works!

I should also mention that the digital manual (the one you open from the dashboard) is blank. I mean I can select the topic, but the actual pages are blank. Luckily, paper copy still works and I got it in two languages.

I find the infotainment system is the weakest part of the car and looking forward to upgrades. I wish there was a "Report a Bug" app preinstalled :)

Overall, very positive experience. It's a powerful and comfortable car. Totally worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Congratulations!

There is a work around for the manual but imho it's not worth the effort. The Tyre alarm I got that too ... I just cleared it for the first day and it went away - I never even checked the pressure :D

There is a guide on the forums somewhere about adjusting the Dampers. Front are dead easy but the rear one's you need to know where to look, so do a search and I'm sure you'll find it on here somewhere.

Enjoy!

Reactions: ShefPilot

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's been a long wait... from placing a deposit back in September 2019 to taking a delivery at Toronto Space early January 2021.

View attachment 3199

The final process started on December 1st and was handled mostly over email and texts. I talked to multiple people and every one was super nice, helpful and responsive.

On the handover day the entire process took under half an hour. It comes down to few signatures, exchanging the keys and "guided tour" of the feature including signing in with your Google account. For some reason Google decided to block my attempt to sign in, so it took three tries. The winter tires were pre-installed. Nice!

I enjoyed the drive home, although I feel like adjusting the dampers to a softer setting.

I got this alert once I arrived and parked the car:
View attachment 3200

My first reaction - pick up the tire repair kit and add some air. 41 psi front, 42 psi back. Done, but the alert didn't clear. Check air again, all good. Finally, I read the message and went to "Car Status" app. There I found a "greyed out" but still clickable button to save air pressure readings. Clicked. The Car Status now shows a screen that looks like it tries to save something. After 10 min or some I gave up and left the car in that state. In the morning the screen didn't change and the alert didn't clear, so I decided to drive the car around the block. That did the trick. The air pressure readings are saved and the alert is gone.

Well, at least I know that the air pump works!

I should also mention that the digital manual (the one you open from the dashboard) is blank. I mean I can select the topic, but the actual pages are blank. Luckily, paper copy still works and I got it in two languages.

I find the infotainment system is the weakest part of the car and looking forward to upgrades. I wish there was a "Report a Bug" app preinstalled :)

Overall, very positive experience. It's a powerful and comfortable car. Totally worth the wait.
The low tire air pressure procedure is exactly the same as late model Volvo’s. Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Envious! I'm waiting for that spec from Toronto as well! Did they tint the windows at the dealership? I'm wondering if the tire pressure had something to do with the winter tire swap?

·
Registered
2021 P2 PP Snow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice... Toronto meet up when it is safe!
Sure thing!

Envious! I'm waiting for that spec from Toronto as well! Did they tint the windows at the dealership?
Good choice! You won't be disappointed.
I wish windows were tinted, but no, it just looks that way :)

I'm wondering if the tire pressure had something to do with the winter tire swap?
I think the alert was legit, the pressure was around 31 PSI before I added air. I was just confused about how to clear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts