Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I've been a member for a while (mostly reading) and since I just picked up my Polestar 2 a few days ago I figure its time for a proper introduction.

I just picked up my Snow P2 last week here in Marin County California. So far I'm really impressed with the car and i'm very happy to report I have not suffered any of the bugs that have been reported. 4g is solid, signal for the car is still strong where it is weak on my phone. I was concerned that I live in a hilly area with very spotty cell reception but it has not been a problem. Every aspect of the car has been great. I find it a fantastic car to drive and i'm really loving the EV powertrain. I see some people struggling with older software versions and all I can say is there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the first properly "nice car" I have ever purchased. I kept a harem of motorcycles as my primary mode of transport until my mid thirty's when kids came along and 4 wheels was needed. My ice vehicle is a Toyota 4 runner.. I love it for totally different reasons - Polestar 2 is to be our daily driver (traded in a 2015 subaru forester) and 4R is for trips to the dirt and snow. I would love to see toyota bring out a T4R with their projected Solid state battery technology coming soon.

When I'm not lusting over my new car, I am an artist/animator by trade. My job has evolved over the years and these days I work in the development of Ai technologies for various kinds of motion simulation. Also an avid Wildlife photographer when life lets me. (Hense keeping the 4runner in the stable).

Thank you all for the information that helped me make decisions regards my purchase of the car. I'm one happy camper with my Polestar 2.

Edit: Photo's.. These photos are not great - I plan to take it out for a proper shoot and will share the results.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi folks, I've been a member for a while (mostly reading) and since I just picked up my Polestar 2 a few days ago I figure its time for a proper introduction.

I just picked up my Snow P2 last week here in Marin County California. So far I'm really impressed with the car and i'm very happy to report I have not suffered any of the bugs that have been reported. 4g is solid, signal for the car is still strong where it is weak on my phone. I was concerned that I live in a hilly area with very spotty cell reception but it has not been a problem. Every aspect of the car has been great. I find it a fantastic car to drive and i'm really loving the EV powertrain. I see some people struggling with older software versions and all I can say is there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the first properly "nice car" I have ever purchased. I kept a harem of motorcycles as my primary mode of transport until my mid thirty's when kids came along and 4 wheels was needed. My ice vehicle is a Toyota 4 runner.. I love it for totally different reasons - Polestar 2 is to be our daily driver (traded in a 2015 subaru forester) and 4R is for trips to the dirt and snow. I would love to see toyota bring out a T4R with their projected Solid state battery technology coming soon.

When I'm not lusting over my new car, I am an artist/animator by trade. My job has evolved over the years and these days I work in the development of Ai technologies for various kinds of motion simulation. Also an avid Wildlife photographer when life lets me. (Hense keeping the 4runner in the stable).

Thank you all for the information that helped me make decisions regards my purchase of the car. I'm one happy camper with my Polestar 2.
Congrats ! You forgot to attach the pictures ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lovely looking car and glad you’re enjoying it (white / snow really does suit it well). I ordered mine yesterday (pre configured so delivery should only be a few weeks)).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly I will have to install plates on the front when they arrive from the DMV.
I live in NJ and they require front plates, but I opted to keep it off on my last 3 vehicles.
IMHO, it looks much much cleaner.
I was stopped once by State Trooper who gave me a warning.
Apparently, it's a $70 ticket for not having front plate displayed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I live in NJ and they require front plates, but I opted to keep it off on my last 3 vehicles.
IMHO, it looks much much cleaner.
I was stopped once by State Trooper who gave me a warning.
Apparently, it's a $70 ticket for not having front plate displayed.
I live in Florida and bought my car from New York and am the opposite. Today I'm taking him in to get a Rhinoplasty estimate (to be paid for by Polestar Manhattan).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Florida and bought my car from New York and am the opposite. Today I'm taking him in to get a Rhinoplasty estimate (to be paid for by Polestar Manhattan).
I also picked mine up from Manhattan. I specifically asked them NOT to install the bracket for the plate and am glad I did.

You can always consider having ‘surgery’ done in the Dominican Republic and save a few bucks lol

Did you ask them not to install?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also picked mine up from Manhattan. I specifically asked them NOT to install the bracket for the plate and am glad I did.

You can always consider having ‘surgery’ done in the Dominican Republic and save a few bucks lol

Did you ask them not to install?
We confirmed the "DNI" (do not install) order 4 times but it still arrived with the plate holder mounted. They admitted their screw-up (not the first time they've done this) and between them and Polestar Corporate, this will be fixed. Sad that it happened in the first place, though. I could have refused delivery, but I wanted the car enough to not want to wait weeks or months for another to be sent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts