Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just arrived today. Still getting to know the car but all seems well so far. No jack or first aid kit, Plugsurfing card present, No scratches around gear selector, keyless entry and boot operation is fine, Charging at 7KW works fine using tethered home charger, 360 camera excellent, Very poor EE reception here but connected fine to phone hotspot for better data connection. Haven’t tested headlights yet. The ride seems slightly harder than I remember from the test drive so I wonder if the dampers have been set to 8 and 8 instead of 12 and 12 on the test drive cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, already been down quite a few twisty roads today. The car turned up with 100% charge so had to get it down low enough to test the charging. Really great roadholding, feels even better than the iPace I tried last year. Sensational overtaking ability as well!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Damn that is a fine-looking car. Your picture has (at least temporarily) wiped away my fears about OTA and other issues.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just arrived today. Still getting to know the car but all seems well so far. No jack or first aid kit, Plugsurfing card present, No scratches around gear selector, keyless entry and boot operation is fine, Charging at 7KW works fine using tethered home charger, 360 camera excellent, Very poor EE reception here but connected fine to phone hotspot for better data connection. Haven’t tested headlights yet. The ride seems slightly harder than I remember from the test drive so I wonder if the dampers have been set to 8 and 8 instead of 12 and 12 on the test drive cars.
View attachment 778
Car matches the house nicely too

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can recommend the Andersen charger. It isn’t the cheapest, but it looks good and works perfectly with the Polestar. Charging was set to stop at 80% which it did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can recommend the Andersen charger. It isn’t the cheapest, but it looks good and works perfectly with the Polestar. Charging was set to stop at 80% which it did.
Is a stop at 80% best for battery health? If so I'll plan to do the same. I only need about 200km of range per day.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is a stop at 80% best for battery health? If so I'll plan to do the same. I only need about 200km of range per day.
Yes, Keeping the battery between 20-80% and not using rapid chargers is the best for battery maintenance.

A few 100% to 5% battery on a long road trips with 150kW charges will be fine, as long as you are not doing it that daily.

If you are then that's the reason why the guarantees of 100,000 / 8years battery % is so low at 72%. It covers Polestar's arse.

A well looked after car can expect 85-90% or more after 5 years. Most degradation happens at the start then almost flat lines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Left the car charging overnight and went out to disconnect the charging cable this morning. Found that the car wouldn’t release the cable and then realised that it won’t release if the car is locked and the key isn’t nearby. Good security feature.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Left the car charging overnight and went out to disconnect the charging cable this morning. Found that the car wouldn’t release the cable and then realised that it won’t release if the car is locked and the key isn’t nearby. Good security feature.
If it's anything like my VW you will only have a short time to disconnect the cable before it relocks automatically. Occasionally infuriating!

·
Registered
35 Posts
How is the Licensor's Plate Bracket attached to the front Fascia? Screw thru the bumper or Sticky Tape to the bumper

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is the Licensor's Plate Bracket attached to the front Fascia? Screw thru the bumper or Sticky Tape to the bumper
Both the front and back license plates are attached with 2 screws each. The screw caps are colour coded to try to match the registration.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts