Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody figured out a good snow tire and rim package yet? Living in a snow belt I have always had snows on winter rims and although my PS2 is AWD and has 20" Michelin Primacy Tour A/S, I still feel the need for snows. There was a lot of discussion last year but was just wondering if anybody has come up with a good reasonably priced package.

·
Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several threads on the topic. Try a search.
Yes, mostly from the Nordic countrys with tires not available in Canada. I'll research the market here and report my findings as I know many Canadian drivers use winter rims and snows, as a matter of fact snows are mandatory in Quebec. If anyone in Canada has already found a reasonable package I would appreciate hearing from them, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, many posts on this one. First you need to decide whether you will go OEM staggered (8" front and 9"rear) rims/wheels, or go with all same size. Staggered will be harder to find, and I went with Braelin (luxury wheels from FastWheels). For tires it's up to you, but they have to be XL. I went with the Polestar nordic recommended Continental VikingContact 7. Actually just mounted this past weekend. Look up the prices online, lots of options.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Michigan here, I have a set of 18's coming today that are takeoffs from a 22 XC60. Planning on making sure they fit up on the car properly and then getting a set of 235/55R18 X-Ice Snow mounted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll let you know next week and will post pics.. I priced out and bought Braelin Br14 rims online which are getting delivered next week (guaranteed fit). Then I went with Nokian Hakkapelitta R3 rubbers that will be installed once I get the rims. All in cost is about $3200 CDN, but bear in mind that this is for a 20" package - it would get cheaper for 19s. Here are pics of the rim and rubber.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll let you know next week and will post pics.. I priced out and bought Braelin Br14 rims online which are getting delivered next week (guaranteed fit). Then I went with Nokian Hakkapelitta R3 rubbers that will be installed once I get the rims. All in cost is about $3200 CDN, but bear in mind that this is for a 20" package - it would get cheaper for 19s. Here are pics of the rim and rubber. View attachment 8489 View attachment 8488
My 19" Braelin BR06 plus Contis were about $2,400 tax in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I took a bit of a risk with these 18"
Replika R222s. There's been a lot of talk of it fitting, but afaik no one here has actually said they had these fit on their own car.
The rubbers are Kuhmo Wintercraft WP71, 245/50R18, making the total circumference almost the same as the stock 19"ers.

They were cheaper too, under $1600 after tax.

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an appointment for the 19th to change my tires, but I am going to try and move that up. It's getting cold out there. But when they are on, I'll post up some pics.

Funny thing is, I don't even have the car yet! I do pick it up on Saturday, and I expect to take more than a few pics.

·
Registered
P2PPP
207 Posts
Funny thing is, I don't even have the car yet! I do pick it up on Saturday, and I expect to take more than a few pics.
In the same camp, ours is still on the train from Halifax, no delivery date yet. But you gotta get the tires first! Looks like more that half of all the Polestar tire threads are Canadians getting ready for the season.

I have an appointment for the 19th to change my tires, but I am going to try and move that up. It's getting cold out there
So weird to have a Swedish car delivered with summer tires in subzero weather. Already switched our other car, will surely swap the Polestar right on delivery day. Got a lift here if you don't mind a trip to Vaughan.

·
Registered
P2PPP
207 Posts
ultimately I like the comfort of paying a dealership to change the wheels over and store the summers
No worries mate. It's good if you have a tire shop you trust. Had a few bad experiences in our area, so gave up altogether. I know Kal Tire Mississauga comes with glowing recommendations from our folks at the Tesla owners' club, so that another option too. Have a great Saturday there, post pics!

·
Registered
2021 Moon with Charcoal Interior on 19’s
29 Posts
I took a bit of a risk with these 18"
Replika R222s. There's been a lot of talk of it fitting, but afaik no one here has actually said they had these fit on their own car.
The rubbers are Kuhmo Wintercraft WP71, 245/50R18, making the total circumference almost the same as the stock 19"ers.

They were cheaper too, under $1600 after tax.

View attachment 8509
That’s the ones I got. Fit perfectly in non-PP car. I got Nokian WGR3 SUV all weather since we rarely get frigid days south of Toronto. $1,800 plus tax for the wheels, tires and installation.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts