Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked these up last week. 20" Replika R221 (Volvo S90 clone) and Nokian R3. About $2800 altogether tax in.

View attachment 8501
Which offset did you choose, 38 or 50mm? I tried ordering these same wheels in ET50, but the shop I ordered from says that would interfere with the caliper, and they suggested the ET38. Not sure about that, so very interested to hear how yours end up fitting.

·
Registered
2021 Moon with Charcoal Interior on 19’s
29 Posts
Which offset did you choose, 38 or 50mm? I tried ordering these same wheels in ET50, but the shop I ordered from says that would interfere with the caliper, and they suggested the ET38. Not sure about that, so very interested to hear how yours end up fitting.
I have my 18’s with ET50. Perfect fit. I don’t know if that would change with 20’s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have my 18’s with ET50. Perfect fit. I don’t know if that would change with 20’s.
EJ4144, you had me scared for a while!

Perhaps your guy mixed up the offsets? AFAIK the higher the offset the further away from the car

·
Registered
2021 Moon with Charcoal Interior on 19’s
29 Posts
Perhaps your guy mixed up the offsets? AFAIK the higher the offset the further away from the car
[/QUOTE]

It’s the opposite. Smaller the offset, the more outwards the wheel projects.
You have to be careful because of the weight of the car not to change the geometry too much. This could put way more stress on the hub to have it too outwards. I was willing to go mid 40’s at the most. Ask your tire or wheel guy.

·
Registered
P2PPP
199 Posts
Which offset did you choose, 38 or 50mm? ... so very interested to hear how yours end up fitting.
Bought the 50mm offset the match the factory wheels. Still don't have the car (current status: 3+ weeks from deposit, 2.5 weeks from shipping yard release... so soon-ish?). Will report as soon as I try to fit them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought the 50mm offset the match the factory wheels. Still don't have the car (current status: 3+ weeks from deposit, 2.5 weeks from shipping yard release... so soon-ish?). Will report as soon as I try to fit them.
Look forward to your report.

I think the key is how each wheel‘s spokes are designed. With a high offset (50) they need to curl away from the caliper quickly to clear (especially with the larger PP brakes). Going to ET38 pushes the whole wheel out more, giving more room for the spokes. So some wheels may fit and others not, even with the same ET50 offset.

·
Registered
P2PPP
199 Posts
Look forward to your report. ... So some wheels may fit and others not, even with the same ET50 offset.
Indeed. Here's hoping I won't need spacers up front. I also have the benefit of having slightly wider rims there, as they only come in 8.5". So there's potentially an extra quarter inch between the spokes and the caliper.

Can't wait.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It’s the opposite. Smaller the offset, the more outwards the wheel projects.
You have to be careful because of the weight of the car not to change the geometry too much. This could put way more stress on the hub to have it too outwards. I was willing to go mid 40’s at the most. Ask your tire or wheel guy.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, I get it. The internets tells me that the stock wheels are +50 up front and +53 at the back, so hopefully my square set of +50 offsets are good, assuming they fit. I did read a post around here that claimed a tire shop in Quebec said the 18" R222s in +50 fit the car. Only one way to find out! I moved my appointment to this coming Monday, so I will find out soon.

·
Registered
P2PPP
199 Posts
I paid $3,699 for 19" winter wheel set. I wonder how it looks vs. your cost? Thx
I got quoted by Polestar at $4,396+tax for a set of winter tires on Performance rims. And they didn't actually have them in stock. At least one of the two cars in your thread is a Performance. What winter tires did you get for it?

P.S. Nevermind, you just responded it was a Polestar staff car.

·
Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks for the research. After seeing your pictures I ordered the same rims. I have a set of 18" Pirelli Ice Zeros that came off an Arteon that will fit nicely.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very nice looking rims!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts