Polestar Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the research. After seeing your pictures I ordered the same rims. I have a set of 18" Pirelli Ice Zeros that came off an Arteon that will fit nicely.
I'm glad to hear I helped you out! I think the rims look great, and better shoes (Pirelli's) will only make them look better

Very nice looking rims!
Thank you! They are Volvo replicas, which probably help to keep the same look

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got my Replica Rims with Pirellis installed today. We had a 5 cm snowfall a couple of days ago and the 20" All season Michelins that came with the car were useless. (Something I've always known and just reconfirmed).
View attachment 9133
Glad to hear you made it before the snow!

TBH, I think the look of these wheels is excellent, and if they came in 19s or 20s I would consider these (or similar style) as my summer wheels

·
Registered
10 Posts
for those of you who went with 18s, any issues or meaurements to be mindful of? did you have to buy new tpms for all tires? Is staggering the front and back a must? Looking forward to seeing those of you in who are in the GTA next year!

·
Registered
38 Posts
No need for TPMS....as Polestar doesn't use tpms installed units. Instead Polestar uses some rotational monitoring system that monitors low tire pressure. Staggering is not an "absolute must". I did not stagger and have same width tire rims all around. Just not 18s.

·
Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
for those of you who went with 18s, any issues or meaurements to be mindful of? did you have to buy new tpms for all tires? Is staggering the front and back a must? Looking forward to seeing those of you in who are in the GTA next year!
Replica R222 18" x 8" offset 50. Bought online, fit perfectly and look great. TPMS not an issue like previous poster says.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replica R222 18" x 8" offset 50. Bought online, fit perfectly and look great. TPMS not an issue like previous poster says.
are the replicas a similar weight to what comes with the car or is it possible to go lighter? I know with some EVs they recommend going light as possible to help with range... contemplating if I would keep the rims that come with for winter or summer... would any of you also keep 18s for the summer? any downside? thanks for all the feedback, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
are the replicas a similar weight to what comes with the car or is it possible to go lighter? I know with some EVs they recommend going light as possible to help with range... contemplating if I would keep the rims that come with for winter or summer... would any of you also keep 18s for the summer? any downside? thanks for all the feedback, greatly appreciated.
Don't know about weight offhand but my summers are 20" and more suited to the performance expectations than 18" would be. Winter driving IMHO isn't performance dependant so I am satisfied with 18" and 18" tires and rims are much better priced, (cheaper)😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
agreed if 18s can be put without any anticipated damage then no doubt, otherwise for a set of 19s it'll be another $1k or so I'm guessing. Still trying to figure out what my actual delivery date will be haha it's been a week since I placed the order and I'm seeing three different dates ranging from Feb-May 😢

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
377 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts