Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Eh, C&D got 4.1 excluding the rollout, 4.4 with, and carwow got 4.2, both with the Performance Pack, so call my fragile ego skeptical.

Seriously, the PP tires are stickier (more drag) and weigh a little more so the package might be heavier (although the wheels are forged), so a few tenths depending on conditions wouldn't be surprising.
According to the following article, the PP wheels are actually significantly lighter (5kg/11lbs) than something - presumably the regular 19"? Or maybe the other 20"? I wish they were more specific...

Polestar 2 Performance Pack Detailed

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
According to the following article, the PP wheels are actually significantly lighter (5kg/11lbs) than something - presumably the regular 19"? Or maybe the other 20"? I wish they were more specific...

Polestar 2 Performance Pack Detailed
Nice find. I'd expect them to be lighter than the 19" since they're forged, but that's a lot. Would be nice if it were more specific.

So it sounds like the whole package should be lighter per corner, including the bigger (but cross drilled) rotors at the front.

[Edit] Polestar has a press release on it. Says 3.3lbs lighter.

Lol, so in typical Polestar fashion, looks like that site is quoting a typo. The bullet points of the global PR say 5kg, but it says 1.5kg in the body.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice find. I'd expect them to be lighter than the 19" since they're forged, but that's a lot. Would be nice if it were more specific.

So it sounds like the whole package should be lighter per corner, including the bigger (but cross drilled) rotors at the front.

[Edit] Polestar has a press release on it. Says 3.3lbs lighter.

Lol, so in typical Polestar fashion, looks like that site is quoting a typo. The bullet points of the global PR say 5kg, but it says 1.5kg in the body.
3.3 lbs seems much more probable per wheel - 11 lbs seemed a bit rich for me. I assume there is substantial savings in the swedish gold caps of course 🤣

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Here's a video clip of the 2nd run.

lol, that does not look nor sound like an Audi... if I had to guess I'd go with a 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra. The blowers on those things were ridiculously loud.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Nope. I didn't talk to the Audi driver. I did talk to other drivers who were there. Everybody was very welcoming and curious.

It was an Audi and, yeah, modified. If he had been quicker off the line and smoother with his shifting, he might have beaten me. (His quarter mile was 13.50 seconds.)

Ha! 'New meaning for our "in front of" thread, eh?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It was an Audi and, yeah, modified. If he had been quicker off the line and smoother with his shifting, he might have beaten me. (His quarter mile was 13.50 seconds.)
You obviously got a better look. :)

Do you recall what his trap speed was? A win's a win's a win. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
80.1. He gave up early.

One of my friends speculated that he did so out of shame for being "beat by grandpa."

(For the record, I'm not a grandpa, though I'm certainly old enough to be.)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
80.1. He gave up early.

One of my friends speculated that he did so out of shame for being "beat by grandpa."

(For the record, I'm not a grandpa, though I'm certainly old enough to be.)
lol, you killed him off the line and his launch wasn't great, so I'm sure that didn't help his ego. Hopefully he didn't blow up his car, but I have seen a few guys quit instead of just losing.

The guy in the Mustang was cracking jokes about my car with his buddies while we were waiting in the pits. He promptly left after the race. :D

[EDIT] It's dawned on me that this video is almost 20 years old... jeesh.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Reminded myself of a "never quit" story:

Was a 2001 Mustang Bullitt vs a mid 70s Firebird, I think with the inline 6 (that made like 100hp). The Mustang driver stalled it when he launched the car, so the entire place figured the Firebird had it in the bag. To his credit, the Mustang got the car restarted and going, and managed to run the Firebird down and just barely beat her.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I went back to the dragstrip after the update and there was no change in performance.

Here's a video made from the Blackvue videos, edited in Blender for the picture in picture. I beat a Dodge Charger, but only because I got lucky with a faster reaction time.

'Next time, I'll remember to record sound.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts