Polestar Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
So I went back to the dragstrip after the update and there was no change in performance.

Here's a video made from the Blackvue videos, edited in Blender for the picture in picture. I beat a Dodge Charger, but only because I got lucky with a faster reaction time.

'Next time, I'll remember to record sound.

Tree'd!

Nice run!

Reactions: Mick

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well here's a loss. ('Sorry about the music... I was trying out software. 'Had to learn a bunch this morning to do this... 'Always something new to learn, right?)

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well, that car is essentially a dragster, small front wheels and all. But it also looks to me like you got a bad start.
I did! But all credit goes to him. He called me out, btw. 'Rolled down his window before the start, gave me a thumbs up, and shouted that his son was going to love this.

Great, modified, old tech driven by an experienced driver vs. out-of-the-box new tech driven by a rookie.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Yeah... She wasn't there, as far as I know...

• Sad

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL. It was an empty highway, but we do have speed limits here, so I value my current insurance rates 😊

And empty doesn't last for long at 100 ;)

You can go over the border and have real fun.
Oof, I think I hit that on the second day I got the car and second week on my license, feels tesla owner man

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
such a great video.. I didn't ask when you did your first runs at the strip. Did you try a run with "Sport Mode" active?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
such a great video.. I didn't ask when you did your first runs at the strip. Did you try a run with "Sport Mode" active?
Thanks!

Yes. And it makes no difference on the dragway. I'm guessing it just lets you drift when you want to. 'Might be fun in the snow.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Thanks!

Yes. And it makes no difference on the dragway. I'm guessing it just lets you drift when you want to. 'Might be fun in the snow.
This is the same mistake a lot of reviewers make. They thing sport mode means faster.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
This is the same mistake a lot of reviewers make. They thing sport mode means faster.
I actually thought it might make it slower as it might have allowed a little wheel slip. But on this track, anyway, there's none. This is a huge advantage which likely stems from the car's weight. Other cars there, particularly front-wheel drive cars, suffer greatly on take-off as they rock back and lose grip. Some of the time, you can actually hear and see them skipping on takeoff.

The Polestar is planted. I've never had any hint that the wheels were slipping on takeoff.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts