Polestar Forum banner

So recognisable from so far away

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ScottM 
#1 ·
The rear lights really stand out from a long way away, there's no mistaking a P2. Saw this one yesterday at a long distance away, of course I had to catch up, looking at them is all I can do until mine arrives in January.

Road Mode of transport Vehicle Lane Driving

See less See more
#4 ·
I wonder of rear mudflaps would help. Not sure if it's the spray from the wheels creating a vortex or it's the undercar airflow tuning up as it leaves. My Mini Copper S was the worst of this ...

#6 ·
The speed limit had only just changed to 70 from 80 at this point, and nobody does 70 along there. on the 80 stretch I've been overtaken by the police whilst I myself (and everyone else) was doing close to 90. The speed limits on this particular road (a sort of southern ring road around Gothenburg) are widely recognised as stupid.

#9 ·
I've had the good fortune to have driven in about 20 different countries. I do try to get up to speed on the local requirements, but I find the best thing is to drive like the locals and make sure I'm being passed fairly often.

(I really don't like the British speed camera systems.)

#10 ·
I did get caught on a french motor way with a speed camera. Luckily a few years ago, so the ticket never followed me. Today the ticket would follow me, not sure if Brexit will put a stop to that.

I did have a Mustang in the USA, and did find myself at the front. Thankfully no cops around.

#12 ·
I have a Turkish ex. We got married in Ankara & honeymooned on the coast. On route back we got caught speeding. Money exchanged hands to avoid a ticket. That evening I got berated by my then father in law (a retired Colonel). Apparently I’d paid way too much! (About £50 when £20 would have sufficed).
Ps- If you can drive in Istanbul you can drive anywhere

#17 ·
When driving in Mexico, I always carry a spare wallet with $40 USD and nothing else. I pretend I don't know any Spanish. After a respectable amount of discussion (no need to be crass) and hand signals that that is all I have, he'll take the money and I go on my way. Gotta be watchful at the gas stations there as well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.