Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear lights really stand out from a long way away, there's no mistaking a P2. Saw this one yesterday at a long distance away, of course I had to catch up, looking at them is all I can do until mine arrives in January.

IMG_20201108_172415.jpg

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
Yep- although the back lights and bumper seem to get dirty at 5 x the speed of the rest of the car unfortunately

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Void, non PP Due December.
8 Posts
The rear lights really stand out from a long way away, there's no mistaking a P2. Saw this one yesterday at a long distance away, of course I had to catch up, looking at them is all I can do until mine arrives in January.

View attachment 1643
Looks Awesome, you must have been trying to catch it up looking at your speed in the HUD?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yep- although the back lights and bumper seem to get dirty at 5 x the speed of the rest of the car unfortunately
I wonder of rear mudflaps would help. Not sure if it's the spray from the wheels creating a vortex or it's the undercar airflow tuning up as it leaves. My Mini Copper S was the worst of this ...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks Awesome, you must have been trying to catch it up looking at your speed in the HUD?
The speed limit had only just changed to 70 from 80 at this point, and nobody does 70 along there. on the 80 stretch I've been overtaken by the police whilst I myself (and everyone else) was doing close to 90. The speed limits on this particular road (a sort of southern ring road around Gothenburg) are widely recognised as stupid.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
The speed limit had only just changed to 70 from 80 at this point, and nobody does 70 along there. on the 80 stretch I've been overtaken by the police whilst I myself (and everyone else) was doing close to 90. The speed limits on this particular road (a sort of southern ring road around Gothenburg) are widely recognised as stupid.
I see you’re well practiced in your testimony to the judge 😀

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see you’re well practiced in your testimony to the judge 😀
Thankfully in the UK, there are very few traffic cops, and the speed cameras are all on the maps. Few people go to court and take their points (too many and you lose your license) or go on a speed awareness course. The biggest fine comes from the hike in insurance premium. You got to be careful when driving in different counties, France it is illegal to have maps that show traffic cameras. No idea about Norway except a web page which itemises the cost for each band over the speed limit, and I see a fixed penalty charge.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I've had the good fortune to have driven in about 20 different countries. I do try to get up to speed on the local requirements, but I find the best thing is to drive like the locals and make sure I'm being passed fairly often.

(I really don't like the British speed camera systems.)

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had the good fortune to have driven in about 20 different countries. I do try to get up to speed on the local requirements, but I find the best thing is to drive like the locals and make sure I'm being passed fairly often.

I did get caught on a french motor way with a speed camera. Luckily a few years ago, so the ticket never followed me. Today the ticket would follow me, not sure if Brexit will put a stop to that.

I did have a Mustang in the USA, and did find myself at the front. Thankfully no cops around.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts

I grew up in the failure mode of that guidance:
A metro region made up nearly entirely of immigrants (my folks being one of them) from different nations, where everyone drove like they did in their original country. My training set for the socially accepted confidence intervals around the stated traffic laws is essentially random noise. On the upside I now know how to curse in languages from 6 continents.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
I have a Turkish ex. We got married in Ankara & honeymooned on the coast. On route back we got caught speeding. Money exchanged hands to avoid a ticket. That evening I got berated by my then father in law (a retired Colonel). Apparently I’d paid way too much! (About £50 when £20 would have sufficed).
Ps- If you can drive in Istanbul you can drive anywhere

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did get caught on a french motor way with a speed camera. Luckily a few years ago, so the ticket never followed me. Today the ticket would follow me, not sure if Brexit will put a stop to that.
Huh? I normally wait for the policeman to come up to my window, pretend I don't understand them at all, they offer 100 euro's to them and give them a shrug, and then they take the cash and walk away.

That and I normally use Waze in France ... all the Police traps get reported! Was handy in my Jag on the way to Le Mans, as at one point I was testing the top speed of my F-Pace.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I'm hoping they get Waze up and running on the car soon.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Try driving in India, @dave! Your perspective towards driving (and life) will change, guaranteed!

I was thrilled when I was in Istanbul for work I had someone driving me...the mesh of humans, cars, and boats dropping off waves of people to replenish the foot traffic was absolutely amazing to watch.

Terrifying to drive thru

·
Registered
42 Posts
When driving in Mexico, I always carry a spare wallet with $40 USD and nothing else. I pretend I don't know any Spanish. After a respectable amount of discussion (no need to be crass) and hand signals that that is all I have, he'll take the money and I go on my way. Gotta be watchful at the gas stations there as well...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts