Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

just got back from some time away, and was excitedly expecting my OTA software update to have been installed and to make use of CarPlay-- but no luck. It seems I'm still stuck on P2.1-- I've checked for updates, the whole nine, no luck. Any others in this boat? Thanks!

· Registered
3,141 Posts
If you miss the roll out window you have to wait till the next one, but considering 2.2 and 2.3 were withdrawn due to issues don’t be too worried.
If you are having issues with the current software book it and they can update it to 2.4 in the workshop.

· Registered
46 Posts
I was in the “boat” there with you until 3 weeks ago. Stuck at original install (2.1). Had it in the shop so askied them to update to 2.4. If you’re working well I’d say see when 2.5 rolls out or if not, ask to have it flashed in a shop. Good luck.

· Registered
California
1,875 Posts
Just to add a little more context to what @Bl4ckD0g and @Icesingh said —
  • The OTA does require acceptance in the vehicle to be installed. It won’t install by itself while you’re gone.
  • OTA software updates can only occur during a specific time window set by Polestar. (Eg P2.2 was available for a certain number of weeks, but now it’s not, and Polestar pulled the subsequent updates very early due to issues. So there’s just nothing available.)
  • OTA software updates usually only work ~2 versions back, but there are reports Polestar will relax that restriction this one upcoming update.
  • Outside any of those restrictions, you can get a service center to install the currently-available update (P2.5 now!).

· Registered
PS2 Snow, Pilot
353 Posts
And note that some cars do not receive OTA updates for some reason. My car is one of them. I will schedule a service visit once a stable enough release has been established and upgrade from 1.8.1 which my car came with.

· Registered
29 Posts
Reports of buggy P2.5 software are coming in. Someting to do with a Volvo account. There are also reports about app and car not connecting (nothing new there) and Pixel lights flashing uncontrollably when on auto. I would wait.

• Haha
Reactions: arne
1 - 9 of 9 Posts