Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all our community members!

Before we announce it to the public, we want to share the release notes of our next software update, P1.7, with you. Please see the full list below.

Starting with this release, there is a new naming convention for our software updates. The P is for Polestar, the first number indicates the root series (major release) of the software and the second number represents the update version number within the root series. The naming will remain the same, both for software installation OTA and in a workshop. The purpose of this change is to avoid previous confusion around how various back-end systems communicate with each other.

P1.7 release notes:
  • Range Assistant: new app showing energy information, including current consumption, estimated range based on current consumption, indication of high energy demand to support more efficient driving
  • Eco climate: new efficiency-optimised climate control included in the Range Assistant, designed to reduce energy consumption according to driver preference
  • Cold climate battery information: notifies the driver when cold climate may affect battery efficiency and range
  • Battery preheating for DC charging: optimises battery temperature for maximum charging speed when DC charging station is set as a destination in Google Maps
  • Improved battery preconditioning according to climate timer when plugged in to AC charger for increased range
  • Improved regenerative braking for increased range
  • Optimised use of vehicle heat losses: increasing battery efficiency in certain conditions by using surplus heat energy to heat the battery, improving range and charging speed
  • Charging stability improvements
  • SiriusXM satellite radio (US only)

Remember to join our written live Q&A with Christian Samson tomorrow if you have any questions about the content of the update.

Rectangle Smile Font Handwriting Circle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great news - looking forward to all of this very much, indeed in time for winter we all hope!!

·
Registered
MY2021, P*2, nonPP
15 Posts
In addition, I saw that we also got climate timer settings in the phone app today.
😯 Ohhh - iOS app or Android app?
Doesn't have the option in my app..

·
Registered
500 Posts
In addition, I saw that we also got climate timer settings in the phone app today.
Do you need to update app for this?
Just looked and there is an update from 25th August which I haven't done yet, things are currently working ok so would be grateful if anybody has downloaded it and whether any problems since.

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
158 Posts
On iOS it is app v3.3.0. I updated this morning. Warning. I tried a test setting after update and it failed. Force closed the app and all way good. Set a timer for tomorrow so let’s see if it works.

·
Registered
500 Posts
On iOS it is app v3.3.0. I updated this morning. Warning. I tried a test setting after update and it failed. Force closed the app and all way good. Set a timer for tomorrow so let’s see if it works.
Does PAK etc. work ok on the update as see it is available on Android?

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
158 Posts
I gave up ok PAK a long time ago. I mainly use the activity key as it is on my house keys. I never leave the house without them so PAK is not needed by me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just updated on Android Samsung S9 and can confirm at the moment PAK works and there is a timer function when you go into the climate settings. You can set it for each day and the time of departure and have the option of repeating weekly. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
As per @968mike I have just found the same and I am on iOs (Version 3.3 of the app)

Reactions: 968mike

·
Registered
525 Posts
FWIW, I updated to the latest Polestar 2 app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.0 and connecting to my car running P2130. At first, the app claimed it was no longer paired with my car, but a force-quit and re-run of the app restored all functionality. Everything appears to working again including Battery Status and the PAK which has been working reliably for me for over a month.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I updated my Android App and yes the timer function is there now as well. I'll try out PAK shortly. I also see the Car Specification section as well.

·
Registered
California
762 Posts
Everything appears to working again including Battery Status and the PAK which has been working reliably for me for over a month.
Lucky! My battery status does not seem any more reliable post-P2130 than it did before. I know Polestar said that connectivity should improve, but it’s just about the same for me. Takes several minutes, then times out. I have to retry quite a few times to get battery status.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts