Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Is this event on FB live? Would it be possible for anybody with FB to record it or post a link here after if they leave one for people to watch later that couldn’t in real time? I’m not a FB user, not that I’m old or boring but if I were interested in interacting with you after high school I’d call you on the phone or meet up somewhere. Hmm, maybe I am old now, does this sound crotchety to anybody? Lol
It's not a video. The Official Polestar FB group had Christian available for an hour to answer any written/typed questions. So it's basically a thread of people asking questions and written responses.

You know you can join FB and not be visible, and just join groups you want, right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is it telling you, or is it a mode selection? Like "Comfort" on Volvos? Volvos have a similar driver configurable setting, that allows you to toggle Eco-climate and select driving modes (Comfort, Eco, Dynamic/Polestar Engineered).
99% certain it is telling you, buttons to do stuff looks different (like the ECO climate button). The point of this new app is to help you understand what eats your range, and driving aggressively will do just that (and hence it would say something else in that field).

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't understand how I was dumb enough to be so excited when I read the announcement, thinking we would have access to actual numbers and stats (watts used by hvac, celcius degrees of the battery, etc.)

Nope, instead, we only get "low consumption".

Why doesn't the outside thermometer displays "cold-warm-hot" and the clock displays "morning-noon-evening-night"?
Not everyone who drives this car is a turbonerd like us. For a v1 of a new functionality, I'm okay if they cater to the common denominator of their customers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
99% certain it is telling you, buttons to do stuff looks different (like the ECO climate button). The point of this new app is to help you understand what eats your range, and driving aggressively will do just that (and hence it would say something else in that field).
You have a good point, and I think you're correct. I do wonder though, if this is designed to inform a future drive mode selection option. I think that would be a welcomed addition.

·
Registered
2021 Snow PP, Barley Leather Int., Tow Package
98 Posts
It's not a video. The Official Polestar FB group had Christian available for an hour to answer any written/typed questions. So it's basically a thread of people asking questions and written responses.

You know you can join FB and not be visible, and just join groups you want, right?
I did not know that actually, if Polestar put a lot out there I’ll have to join then. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Don’t get too excited if you’re in the US. They always manage to schedule these in the dead of night for those of us on the west coast, at least, with no option to submit a question in advance.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Don’t get too excited if you’re in the US. They always manage to schedule these in the dead of night for those of us on the west coast, at least, with no option to submit a question in advance.
They didn't really reveal a whole lot more than you could garner from the release notes themselves. The questions and answers got repetitive.

·
Super Moderator
1,608 Posts
I did laugh out loud at one bit of brilliance by someone.

They asked about a particular feature, Polestar replied saying 'I'm only answering questions about P1.7' so the poster then re-phrased their question as 'Why isn't .... included in P1.7'.

No response from PS of course... sense of humour bypass...!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I did laugh out loud at one bit of brilliance by someone.

They asked about a particular feature, Polestar replied saying 'I'm only answering questions about P1.7' so the poster then re-phrased their question as 'Why isn't .... included in P1.7'.

No response from PS of course... sense of humour bypass...!
Someone else asked the original question but It was me who rephrased it 😄. Glad some people got a laugh out of it. I didn't expect that they would respond.

Attached for those without Facebook:

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just had this email from Polestar.

Starting from mid-October, we will begin to roll out our next Over-The-Air update to Polestar 2 cars. Named P1.7, the update contains a new Range Assistant app, replacing the Driver Performance app to provide you with more useful information when it comes to range and overall EV efficiency. Is that all, you may ask? Of course not. This OTA upgrade also includes new and improved features such as an Eco Climate function and further battery preheating and preconditioning measures, which will certainly come in handy as we move towards the colder months. Read more about the upcoming P1.7 upgrade below.
Read more

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wow my last update was 1.1 .... 1.7 actually looks worth me taking to Polestar to apply and fix the OTA issue that stopped it applying updates after 1.1!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I believe I saw on Facebook that P1.7 is available in workshops starting today, OTA in a couple of weeks still. In case anyone wants to be brave.

·
Super Moderator
1,621 Posts
Here it is :) Happened to have an appointment today anyway. A big step from P2111 ;)
Font Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device Gas

A first glance at the Range Assistant:
Product Communication Device Mobile device Mobile phone Portable communications device

A bit disappointing the Range Assistant doesn't agree with the GoM, though:
Car Vehicle Plant Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
View attachment 7750
First, thank you for sharing!

Second, I'm starting to think the GoM is a fixed relationship, regardless of driving habits. The owners manual indicates otherwise, and maybe in some earlier software version, it actually did try to account for driving style, but for me, it's always displayed a fixed relationship to the stated/regulated range. In the US that range is 233 miles at 100% SoC (TBD on that going up to 249 miles shortly), and has been 400km at 100% SoC for Europe. So, seeing 300km in the GoM and 74% SoC seems spot on to me.

And like I said, for me, it doesn't matter how I drive, it retains that relationship.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here it is :) Happened to have an appointment today anyway. A big step from P2111 ;)
View attachment 7748
A first glance at the Range Assistant:
View attachment 7749
View attachment 7750
Lucky you! Now you get to answer questions from the rest of us that are waiting to have this one. A couple from me:

1) Does the momentary consumption in the Range Assistant seem to update real time/quickly? Or is it laggy and/or heavily filtered?
2) Can you test if they have fixed the charging cable release issue (the one where cable can be removed even when car is locked and no key is present)?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Wow my last update was 1.1 .... 1.7 actually looks worth me taking to Polestar to apply and fix the OTA issue that stopped it applying updates after 1.1!
1.1 was the last OTA update I received too. I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.6 at the dealers last week, got the App working (meh), and improved 4g connectivity (woohoo!)

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
First, thank you for sharing!

Second, I'm starting to think the GoM is a fixed relationship, regardless of driving habits. The owners manual indicates otherwise, and maybe in some earlier software version, it actually did try to account for driving style, but for me, it's always displayed a fixed relationship to the stated/regulated range. In the US that range is 233 miles at 100% SoC (TBD on that going up to 249 miles shortly), and has been 400km at 100% SoC for Europe. So, seeing 300km in the GoM and 74% SoC seems spot on to me.

And like I said, for me, it doesn't matter how I drive, it retains that relationship.
My GOM is definitely not a fixed relationship. Terrain and weather have an impact that is noticeable. My driving style doesn't change that much except for the very occasional sprint to 60.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
My GOM is definitely not a fixed relationship. Terrain and weather have an impact that is noticeable. My driving style doesn't change that much except for the very occasional sprint to 60.
I know others (you included) have said that. But on mine, I can drive 80-90mph on the highway, or be stuck in city traffic, or be on a spirited back roads drive, and the mileage shown on the GoM is ALWAYS a function of the percentage and nothing more. If I charge it up to 100% SoC it will show 230 miles, no matter what. More often though, I charge up to 90%, which is then 210 miles. From there, it just continues to be fixed. If I show 50% SoC, it will show 120 (because it rounds). 35%, 80 miles, etc., etc.

61 - 80 of 217 Posts