Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car got taken in for the recall.
Got my software updated.

And suddenly now we have a right hand drive optimised sound system !!!!

it does actually sound better to me; it’s not just a picture update.

I am loving the sound now.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I shall update the FAQ :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do the captions and links work on the manual now? The calibration on mine was off so to select a link you didn't click the link.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's rather annoying, mine hasn't been updated for RHD driver sound settings 🤬

Email to Polestar needed to query that and my still missing jack - Chester Volvo had no idea about sorting that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My car got taken in for the recall.
Got my software updated.
View attachment 2006

And suddenly now we have a right hand drive optimised sound system !!!!

it does actually sound better to me; it’s not just a picture update.

I am loving the sound now.

View attachment 2007
That is a later software update to mine which was done recently! Android was 1st October and Kernel September.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My software clearly hadn't been updated - still LHD driver sound setting, no ability to set pre-conditioning and 1 Sept is the most recent security patch update.

I've pinged customer support an enquiry, also chasing up my missing jack and First Aid kit.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do the captions and links work on the manual now? The calibration on mine was off so to select a link you didn't click the link.
Mine haven't since the upgrade but they did before. Technician told me it downloads the pages and there was a problem in Sweden with the server. That was over a week ago and still not working.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
That is a later software update to mine which was done recently! Android was 1st October and Kernel September.
I got my car last week and am also on the Sept 27 kernel and Oct 1 security patch

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Just got my PS2 today. Still on left side audio. Bummer. Will have to get it updated in a few months. Not it's worth going to the dealer to rectify that before Christmas.

By the way, the handover guy said there is no jack included in the car because there is no spare tyre in the car (UK purchase). I'm assuming that's normal for UK deliveries or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got my PS2 today. Still on left side audio. Bummer. Will have to get it updated in a few months. Not it's worth going to the dealer to rectify that before Christmas.

By the way, the handover guy said there is no jack included in the car because there is no spare tyre in the car (UK purchase). I'm assuming that's normal for UK deliveries or am I mistaken?
I’ve found the chances of the sealant working and tyre to inflate if the tyre doesn’t have weight on it.

With no spare it’s important it works.
Plus it was on the spec of the car and I wanted what I had paid for.

If no Jack was intended there shouldn’t be a home for it and instructions in the manual recommending to only use a Polestar jack.

·
Registered
Void (unadorned!)
17 Posts

In the UK and also don't have a spare wheel. Just the inflation stuff :rolleyes:. We were told there was no jack 'because the car was too heavy for regular jacks' :unsure: :poop:. My Amarok weighs more than this and manages to supply a jack just fine! If I get a flat then will be pressing the beam-me-up button and calling Scotty out to fix me up 🙏

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
In the UK and also don't have a spare wheel. Just the inflation stuff :rolleyes:. We were told there was no jack 'because the car was too heavy for regular jacks' :unsure: :poop:. My Amarok weighs more than this and manages to supply a jack just fine! If I get a flat then will be pressing the beam-me-up button and calling Scotty out to fix me up 🙏
When I got my car i went through the checklist and them emailed support about the missing jack and first aid kit. They replied they would be sent later so we should expect to get them.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Delivery drivers are like car dealers - if they don't know the reason, they just make something up and present it as fact...

Reactions: Snood
1 - 20 of 42 Posts