Polestar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
P2111.1 Means 2021 week 11 day 1 (Monday). It was released on Monday.
is the “21” meant to be “2021” or “P2 in 2021”?

they’ll either need a new scheme when the P3 comes out or in 2031

·
Registered
669 Posts
Do they use 0 for Sunday or are we in a count-from-1 AND week-starts-on-Monday situation?
Like most human readable numbering of things, it starts at 1, you know, the 1st day of the week is Monday, the first month of the year of January. We don't have a 0th month and most sane people don't begin numbered lists with "0)"

As PS is a European company, I'd say they start the week on Monday, not in the middle of the weekend :p
I really never understood why some claim the week starts on a Sunday. I don't believe that even those who claim it starts in the middle of the WeekEND really believe it themselves. Everyone arriving in the office on Monday morning would consider their week to be starting.

For those of you new to the workforce in the last year, an office is a place we all used to go to where we spend most of our waking day sitting in close proximity to our colleagues. Weird huh?

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
What time is one minute after 23:59 in Europe?
Neither AM, nor PM :p

Actually, it depends whether you want to specifiy the end of the current day, which is legally defined as 24:00:00, or the beginning of the next, which is defined as 00:00:00,0000....0001.

·
Registered
PS 2 March 2021
8 Posts
New software update being rolled out!

From my updates page auto-monitoring software:

Description is now: "Updates from and including March 2021 (P2111.1)" instead of "Updates from and including February 2021 (P2108.3)"
New update details:
  • VNC (Vehicle Noise Compensation) Harman Kardon premium audio has a smoother optimisation.
  • Stability improvements after disconnection of the charging cable.
And where can I find this release number ?

Erwin

·
Registered
195 Posts
I noted in the digital manual you can view "Release Notes" which lists these software codes. It references 2111.1 and the changes included.

Might that mean it is updated? Surely the manual had to get updated somehow?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It’s pulling from the web and caching it I believe... like an app gets updated separately to any OTA system updates. So I wouldn’t use that as an indicator.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Got an email today from Polestar/Volvo Marin asking if I’d come in (or have them bring the car in) next week for a software update in preparation for what is presumably the May OTA update. I’m 99% certain that the previous OTA update worked just fine, but did get an error message rather than the green check mark when it completed — I’m guessing this shows up in Polestar’s system as a failed update.

Have an appointment for Monday AM to get this looked at. I think it’s great to see Polestar proactively reaching out to make sure cars are in good shape to receive the May OTA update, and it’s also a good sign that they’re gearing up for the update’s release.

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
Got an email today from Polestar/Volvo Marin asking if I’d come in
My vehicle is still up there with them through at least Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. Maybe I should ask if I can get that software too 🤔

·
Registered
374 Posts
My vehicle is still up there with them through at least Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. Maybe I should ask if I can get that software too 🤔
I’d be surprised if they don’t apply it. My guess is that even if the OTA did complete successfully, they’ll still apply P2111.1 (March VNC update) since that was apparently never released OTA.

Happy to check in on yours if you’d like, DM me if so.

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
I’d be surprised if they don’t apply it. My guess is that even if the OTA did complete successfully, they’ll still apply P2111.1 (March VNC update) since that was apparently never released OTA.

Happy to check in on yours if you’d like, DM me if so.
I already had P2111.1 from last time it was in, since I never got the OTA.

·
Registered
Midnight - 19" - Leather interior
26 Posts
Any predictions when the next OTA might roll out? They said beginning of may...

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
My car was at Volvo today due to a "Propulsion System - Service required" message, they told me the car didn't record any error, it was probably a glitch and they did a big software update that was pending.

My car cad P2104.1 installed during a visit to Volvo to sort out WiFi, and got P2108.3 OTA (which just had the recall fix I think in addition to what I already had).

I'm assuming I have the latest that's mentioned on the website, P2111.1, but I'm not entirely sure, as I wouldn't consider this a big one, the changelog only mentions the VNC improvement and stability improvements after cable disconnection.

Had a look around and I noticed that it's still Android 10 but lists security patch level as 1 March 2021 (kernel compiled March 18th) and the Speed Camera warning is entirely removed from the settings. That never worked anyway, so might as well hide it from there until they get around to implementing it.

I might be imagining things, but LTE was available by the time I was sitting in the car every single time this morning, I wonder if that'll last.

341 - 360 of 473 Posts