Polestar Forum banner

361 - 380 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
P2111.1 Means 2021 week 11 day 1 (Monday). It was released on Monday.
So my initial assumption was that the .1 was the 1st release of that week, but I thought your suggestion made sense.

However I got an update at Volvo earlier today, and the kernel was compiled Thu March 18, so three days later than week 11 day 1.

It also coincides with the day it was mentioned on their website, so I'm guessing either .1 doesn't really mean Monday, or I got a yet unannounced release (which is not very likely)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Or the .1 is standard convention for the minor release as opposed to representing a day?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It could be an enumeration of builds. But the format used in across the Volvo brands to point to specific days is yyww.d which is why I stated this. It could still be that the Android Automotive component does have a later build than the release day, perhaps there was a critical bug fix which got pushed out to aftermarket just a bit later than the rest of the system baseline.

Can't know for sure

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
670 Posts
That is indeed plausible, wrap up their code release and build it a few days later.
I get that you're trying to be funny.. but it is possible to have a container marked x and to then change some of the contents of that container at a later point. The delivery is not one single binary. The delivery can be thought of as a spreadsheet which points to all the different software releases for each ECU/node. It is therefore possible to change the specified SW in that spreadsheet later. Take it from someone who is responsible for delivering SW in another large automotive company based in Gothenburg.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I get that you're trying to be funny.. but it is possible to have a container marked x and to then change some of the contents of that container at a later point. The delivery is not one single binary. The delivery can be thought of as a spreadsheet which points to all the different software releases for each ECU/node. It is therefore possible to change the specified SW in that spreadsheet later. Take it from someone who is responsible for delivering SW in another large automotive company based in Gothenburg.
I wasn’t being funny - was just saying that you are right, even in a single artefact release you could eg tag a release on the repo on a Monday and produce the actual build on Wednesday, I should not have assumed that the build could not be after the nominal version date!

Thanks for the insight into this industry - never had any work with the car industry yet.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wasn’t being funny - was just saying that you are right, even in a single artefact release you could eg tag a release on the repo on a Monday and produce the actual build on Wednesday, I should not have assumed that the build could not be after the nominal version date!

Thanks for the insight into this industry - never had any work with the car industry yet.
Ah, I misinterpreted your message as a passive agressive or sarcastic one. My apologies 😊

Reactions: Joel S.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
This was just posted in the german forum from an unknown source:

April 2021 updates (P2116.5)

Polestar Digital Key (beta): Use your phone as a key for the Polestar
vehicle functionality of the Pole Star app (beta): lock air, battery and doors / unlock
A Polestar ID can now also start guide (?) Created become.
The problem with wireless charging for Apple IPhone12 has been fixed.
Stability improvements for streaming via Bluetooth.
Fixed issues for the watch, the driver performance (?) , Vehicle status , OTA software updates (over-the-air) and charging cable display apps .
Updated DTE (Distance to Empty) estimate for the more linear battery algorithm.
Improved battery control software.
Battery preconditioning: Improved battery pre-heating when charging AC power to improve overall effectiveness and the use of recuperation when a charging limit of 90-100% is selected.

·
Registered
972 Posts
This was just posted in the german forum from an inknown source:

vehicle functionality of the Pole Star app (beta): lock air, battery and doors / unlock
Fixed issues for the watch, the driver performance (?) , Vehicle status , OTA software updates (over-the-air) and charging cable display apps .
Battery preconditioning: Improved battery pre-heating when charging AC power to improve overall effectiveness and the use of recuperation when a charging limit of 90-100% is selected.
Guess the driver's performance app is the terrible one in the infotainment that says we travel at mach 50.

Interesting stuff on there.

[EDIT] Wonder if this "A Polestar ID can now also start guide (?) Created become" means you can create an ID within the vehicle onboarding flow?

Reactions: AartJW

·
Registered
614 Posts
This was just posted in the german forum from an inknown source:

Can confirm that the DTE is more realistic now, it displays 220 miles at 90%

I think that the one pedal drive was tweaked a bit, it seems to be slightly less aggressive in deceleration than before. This is slightly annoying as I need to use the brake pedal more often than before - I wish I could set this to the way it was before.

Mine was updated a few days ago due to an apparently incorrect alert about the propulsion system requiring service in the drivers screen that popped up a number of times. The infotainment car status page was intermittently displaying that so o guess that was fixed too.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Guess the driver's performance app is the terrible one in the infotainment that says we travel at mach 50.

Interesting stuff on there.

[EDIT] Wonder if this "A Polestar ID can now also start guide (?) Created become" means you can create an ID within the vehicle onboarding flow?
I wonder if that will do anything. I logged in a number of times but it eventually disappears from my profile anyway.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think that the one pedal drive was tweaked a bit, it seems to be slightly less aggressive in deceleration than before.
Don't like the sound of that.

Reactions: Plamon
361 - 380 of 476 Posts