Polestar Forum banner
941 - 960 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
That's even more odd that they would switch and then switch back.
Yea. I'm guessing someone just forgot to set a flag or something for the US cars when they built the package. I doubt Google knows what the carrier is just from the handshake, car probably has to tell them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yea. I'm guessing someone just forgot to set a flag or something for the US cars when they built the package. I doubt Google knows what the carrier is just from the handshake, car probably has to tell them.
Google should know exactly what carrier is in play based on what the TCAM reports or the IP address the TCAM has been assigned.
If it’s the same system as European cars you have a roaming sim and it can connect on whatever network T-Mobile (Germany) has agreements with.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Google should know exactly what carrier is in play based on what the TCAM reports or the IP address the TCAM has been assigned.
If it’s the same system as European cars you have a roaming sim and it can connect on whatever network T-Mobile (Germany) has agreements with.
The IP Google sees from the US cars at least is assigned from an IOT hub provider, not the carrier. The carrier can be identified via the ICCID from the SIM, but Google doesn't need to know that, so I doubt it's transmitted.

Either way, last update it changed to TMo, Polestar confirmed it was still AT&T. This update it switched back.

Reactions: ChiMatt

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Just for the record, as the latest update log mentions "Electric motor optimization" I was curious if that would affect acceleration. I hadn't noticed any change, but thought it might be there. As it happens, I had planned to take the car to the dragway last night anyway, so it was a good opportunity to check.

Well, as it turns out, there is no effect, better or worse, than before the update. Remarkably consistent results:

Update P2128
70 degrees Fahrenheit, clear weather, dry track, no "glue" on track
5 runs, battery at ~70%
average 1/4 mile, minimum: 12.81s, maximum: 12.86s, average:12.83
speed at 1/4 mile, 107.6 mph

before the update
average 1/8 mile: 12.74 s
speed at 1/4 mile: 107.8 mph

·
Registered
482 Posts
I’m wondering if the optimization doesn’t have more to do with efficiency or even just minor control / power management bug fixes as opposed to anything performance related.

I thought it was really interesting to read that the Experimental used the stock motors and increased power output via software. I’m sure Polestar would rather address efficiency and range before unlocking more horses, but it’s neat to know that the hardware is capable of more.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
Au contraire Professor
You gained 90ms in 1/4mi time!
I know from reading a variety of automotive journalism that that is highly significant
I think, unless I'm being thick, that he lost 90ms...? I mean, it's 90ms worse... I read "gained" as meaning "improved" but I realise that it could mean either :)

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I think, unless I'm being thick, that he lost 90ms...? I mean, it's 90ms worse... I read "gained" as meaning "improved" but I realise that it could mean either :)
I did lose that, on average, but really, that's such a small number, I don't think it's significant. It's hiding out in the "noise" of the runs. I could post standard deviations and uncertainty ranges and such, but that strikes me as overkill, no?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,588 Posts
d'oh. what I get for reading on my phone

man this update makes the car soooooooo much slower. omg have to return it immediately and dump $GGPI

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
I did lose that, on average, but really, that's such a small number, I don't think it's significant. It's hiding out in the "noise" of the runs. I could post standard deviations and uncertainty ranges and such, but that strikes me as overkill, no?
I was just (facetiously and in fun) correcting @polerad :).

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I think I can comfortably say that stupid bug where the HVAC controls would stay over the settings/Play Store/Manual icons has been fixed. I'll probably be proved wrong next time I get in the car.

The camera hasn't given me any errors yet either, but I thought I saw someone mention they had an issue immediately after their update.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
Only time I get this red flashing light is while a software update is installing. Parked at home and plugged in and saw this. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I've still not got any recent update issued to me, after the summer holidays I'll take it to Volvo as something must be bugged.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
It has always flashed when locked for me, it indicates the alarm is armed (or so I've assumed).
Must be. I never lock the car in my garage but did yesterday. I must not notice in the bright sunlight when in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Must be. I never lock the car in my garage but did yesterday. I must not notice in the bright sunlight when in a parking lot.
Clearly you're not looking back long enough as you walk away.

941 - 960 of 981 Posts