Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my car back today after it was in the shop for 6 days to get the following done:
  • Paint correction and polishing all around.
  • Xpel XR Ceramic window tint (35%) on side and rear windows.
  • Centre console wrapped with Avery Dennison Brushed Black Metallic (SW900) vinyl wrap.
  • Xpel Stealth PPF (satin) on all painted surfaces.
  • Gloss black PPF on mirror caps and A- and B-pillars.
  • Ceramic Pro coating all around (2-coats), including glass, black plastic parts, and wheels.
I am extremely happy the way it turned out and big props to Auto Bath Elite (in Concord, north of Toronto) for their incredible work and service. Here are some photos I took today:

I tried to take some photos of the centre console in various light as the material is hard to photograph accurately (looks lighter in photos):

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Looks fantastic. I don’t typically like white cars, but yours is stunning!
thanks, it’s actually Magnesium, not Snow, but it does look like pearl white in certain light and sometimes look pale silver or grey in other light.
I’m not worried about it getting dirty since the hint of silver/grey hides dirt well and it has been ceramic coated.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
196 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The black mirror looks great!
I was really happy to follow the installer’s recommendation on going with the gloss black PPF instead of the black vinyl wrap for the mirrors. The gloss black PPF looks a lot like factory paint with no orange peel and the material is thicker and much more durable.

I'm sure that was expensive and I'm betting it was entirely worth it.
I shopped around as there are lots of places in and around Toronto to get it done. It was more than I wanted to pay (but got a good deal), but I am pretty paranoid and OCD, so it was some nice peace of mind for me as with my Mercedes I find myself getting it touched up or repainted every few years due to careless drivers/cyclists/food delivery people and the odd vandals (The joys of downtown/urban living). My P2 was also more than what I wanted to pay for a car, but I plan to keep it for a while like my other cars so this was something I really wanted to do.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
632 Posts
I was really happy to follow the installer’s recommendation on going with the gloss black PPF instead of the black vinyl wrap for the mirrors. The gloss black PPF looks a lot like factory paint with no orange peel and the material is thicker and much more durable.

I shopped around as there are lots of places in and around Toronto to get it done. It was more than I wanted to pay (but got a good deal), but I am pretty paranoid and OCD, so it was some nice peace of mind for me as with my Mercedes I find myself getting it touched up or repainted every few years due to careless drivers/cyclists/food delivery people and the odd vandals (The joys of downtown/urban living). My P2 was also more than what I wanted to pay for a car, but I plan to keep it for a while like my other cars so this was something I really wanted to do.
Looks amazing and in your circs I can totally see why you would do it. I would love it on mine but couldn’t justify the £££’s with a 4 year lesser. Maybe one I will consider why I pick up the Polestar 3 on retirement 😎😝

·
Registered
105 Posts
On the other hand, Polestar should have this degree of finish as a standard. As if you didn't pay enough for the car itself...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
On the other hand, Polestar should have this degree of finish as a standard. As if you didn't pay enough for the car itself...
My P2 is great and worth every penny. Just like Tesla I am disappointed with the limited selection of paint colours with Polestar, but at least the colours are tasteful, modern and timeless.

Wraps may be the solution to Tesla’s poor paint quality and lack of interesting colours:

Also Canoo, one of the newest EV startups is offering their vehicles only in black, with wrapping options for different colours, patterns and customizations:

·
Registered
105 Posts
My P2 is great and worth every penny. Just like Tesla I am disappointed with the limited selection of paint colours with Polestar, but at least the colours are tasteful, modern and timeless
Colour options have never been around in a multitude of choices with Volvo, so Polestar is no different.
I didn't imply it wouldn't be worth it. If tons of people say the paint job has an orange peel structure, it would be nice of Polestar to take it to the next level on the polishing job. Now a lot of car lovers spend top dollars/pounds/euros to give it a better shine. And by this I'm not saying I am going to do that.

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
If tons of people say the paint job has an orange peel structure, it would be nice of Polestar to take it to the next level on the polishing job.
According to my detailer, the cause for orange peel on new cars is usually not the paint job, but the surface of the steel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can find loads of videos/posts of people who detailed the car where the orange peel is gone. So it has to be the paint job/polish, but I’m no expert so I won’t defend that point.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My P2 is great and worth every penny. Just like Tesla I am disappointed with the limited selection of paint colours with Polestar, but at least the colours are tasteful, modern and timeless.
And boring :). But that's fixable. The P2 is my first experience with a wrap, but so far I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been trying to pull the trigger on xpel stealth for 2 months now but no one has a "blue print" for the body panel cut outs and the only place within an hour of me wants 8k to do it since it'll be a 'custom' job @aowhaus do you know if you're people had a template or if they had to free hand it? Anyone else annoyed (even if only slightly) that the polestar 1 came in matte colors but not the polestar 2?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts