Polestar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
No templates were available yet because the car is still so new. My installer had to custom cut all of the PPF pieces, but luckily he didn’t charge me extra for it.
The matte paint option for the P1 is pretty pricey at $7,500 Canadian and it’s just the clear coat that’s applied with a matte finish instead of the gloss. You can get a full PPF for less and the film protects from abrasions and light road debris impact (rocks, etc), and with some PPF they are self healing. I have a friend that teaches automotive finishes at a local college and he highly recommends a film over a factory matte or satin paint finish as the film could be replaceable and the factory matte paint finish is a lot more finicky when it comes to care and maintenance.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
They had to cut my PPF film by hand as no patterns were yet available.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Same here for my wrap: hand cut, but that's what they specialize in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Should have removed the Polestar 2 sticker below the front doors, first thing I did, looks like a cheap advertisement
i decided to keep the decals on as it’s more subtle and more modern looking than the typical chrome badging you see on all other cars. Having it on the lower corner of the door is also a unique placement instead of on the trunk which is more in-your-face.
I had people look around my car to see what kind of car it is and they eventually find the decal on the side and will take a closer look and sometimes take pictures.

This is what I consider cheap advertisement and definitely not my taste:

To each their own.

·
Registered
22’ Moon Pilot,Performance slick roof. ETA 12/21
22 Posts
I just called Xpel today and they said they were still waiting on a model 2 to be plotted. Someone in AZ or Toronto go to a factory Xpel shop and get this done. Pleeeze!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
😄 I often do my grocery shopping in the area. I’m sure you will eventually my car in person.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts