Polestar Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Heavier car? Stickier tyres? Two motors -vs- one motor? Synchronous -vs- Asynchronous motors?

So many things could affect this. I have no doubt that with OPD off, the car is coasting as much as physically possible.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Heavier car? Stickier tyres? Two motors -vs- one motor? Synchronous -vs- Asynchronous motors?

So many things could affect this. I have no doubt that with OPD off, the car is coasting as much as physically possible.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Not sure 🙂

I agree. What still perplexes me though is that my other car specifically regened a small amount while coasting in D whereas the P2 does not. I really wish the P2 had a specific numerical gauge for power being used or recaptured.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
Yes. Yes. Yes. Not sure 🙂

I agree. What still perplexes me though is that my other car specifically regened a small amount while coasting in D whereas the P2 does not. I really wish the P2 had a specific numerical gauge for power being used or recaptured.
isnt this what OPD Low essentially is?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
isnt this what OPD Low essentially is?
No. In the Volt it is much, much lower. It is designed to mimic an ICE coast where the engine provides some internal braking when you let off the throttle. It also has a OPD mode that is similar to Low on the P2.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
@JRRF I think is talking about "almost" costing with a fraction of Regen - That's called OFF with the smallest amount of Brake Peddle 🤩
Yes. Although the Volt seems to go faster with that fractional regen than the P2 goes even with no regen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When braking with OPD off, the white regen indicator goes to about 90% to the left before the orange mechanical braking indicator appears - BMS allowing. How much regen do you see?

They really should have named that option OPD instead of regen in the menu...
You are correct. I paid more attention and regen is pretty dramatic in that mode. OPD is really fun way to drive but nausea issue is still there. Curious is there will be any noticeable difference in range. I tend to doubt it after limited experience so far.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
Perhaps you should read through the rest of the posts @Samiam :)

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
You are correct. I paid more attention and regen is pretty dramatic in that mode. OPD is really fun way to drive but nausea issue is still there. Curious is there will be any noticeable difference in range. I tend to doubt it after limited experience so far.
OPD Off maximizes efficiency
OPD Standard maximizes fun and the admiration of your peers

161 - 170 of 170 Posts