Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Polestar Forum Family! You haven't steered me wrong yet. I need some sage advice.

Some of my text messages display on the infotainment screen. Like, I can read every word someone sends me. However, during the same driving session, often seconds apart, another text will arrive and the screen will notify me that I have a new message, but it won't dispaly the text of the message.

I'm so confused.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
When I drive, the messages are hidden. When I'm stopped at a light/sign or parked I can see them.
Is that what you see?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so...but I can play around with it more.

That would make sense, though.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I can definitely say that the text shows when stopped, but when moving, it only shows who it is from and offers (Play button, or voice command) to read you the text and then offers to reply via dictated response. This is true for the same text - if you stop and then pull down the notification shade you can read it even though you couldn't while in motion.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I haven't played with it, but it's possible when in reading mode (while stopped), the message is getting truncated and you'll have to go to your phone to see the entire thing.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. After playing around, I do think the design is to have the messages only display in-full when the vehicle is stopped...but for some reason this only happens sporadically. Sometimes I get messages displayed when moving and sometimes they don't show when stopped.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
What's even more annoying to me is that once I've played a message from someone, if they then send another one and I hit play again, I get both messages played. You have to quickly swipe messages off the screen after you hear them if you don't want them to stack up.

·
Registered
Stock P*2 MDNT VIN: 011***
371 Posts
When mine come in randomly I imagine the error logs these cars throw must just blow threw Polestar data allotment every month.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I much prefer Siri's interaction for messaging with CarPlay or Siri Eyes-Free. Until such time as CarPlay is added, I use "Hey Siri" to interact with all messages using the vestigial Siri Eyes-Free. The phone's microphone picks up the command and then the rest of the interaction appears to be a local phone call to my BT-connected iPhone which then uses the standard call interface for interactions. I can ask Siri if I have any messages and he (I changed it to an Australian Male voice (topic for another day)) responds appropriately. Group texts and replies are much better handled that way for now. Perhaps Google's AAOS implementation will improve soon or we'll at least get CarPlay soon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I’ve not managed to get any text messages to display from my iPhone 12 to the car. I’ve looked at the settings and as far as I can see it should relay them but it does not. Any secret setting I’m missing?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I’ve not managed to get any text messages to display from my iPhone 12 to the car. I’ve looked at the settings and as far as I can see it should relay them but it does not. Any secret setting I’m missing?
Have you enabled notification access in the BT profile in your iPhone? If not, go to your iOS Settings - Bluetooth - "i" for the "Polestar PS2" and make sure that "Show Notifications" is on. There is also a setting in the car's permission regarding messaging, but I'm not in my car right now to provide those steps....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts