Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m tired of reading all the things that have gone wrong with peoples cars. Please believe me I sympathise with you all and I know my sympathies will not make fix your cars or make your situation better.

I decided to start this thread for the times you get in the car and everything works as it should. No faults please. If your car didn’t work as it should the create a thread elsewhere or continue an existing one.

This thread is more for those who want a Polestar but are unsure due to the deluge of faults Being reported.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went for a drive today, climate control worked and the car got me to my destination and back with no issues. Google maps and Spotify also worked.

The PAK worked, key was in my bag in the boot.

Yes I know it’s boring but it’s time to show those interested in a polestar it’s not all doom and gloom.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Today. Everything worked once I got in the car. Key phrase being “once I got in” because PAK didn’t work nor did the app work for me to pre-climatize the vehicle but hey I wasn’t in the car.

In all seriousness good topic. Hope you get some replies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I park my car outside my garage, and this morning was particularly cold. I had set the timer on my app to my expected departure time, and I was greeted by a nice, warm and cozy car.
I second this. If you set the timer and show up to the car at anticipated time, a warm car greets you. Very helpful when it's below freezing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I finally was able to get polestar to acknowledge they have an integration issue between VIDA and the polestartechhub, and they have no idea how long it's going to take to fix it. Is that positive enough?

·
Registered
22 DM V/C P/P/PP
92 Posts
I was on a home improvement store run yesterday blasting music, comfortable as hell in that awesome driver seat, and felt like a total baller. Road was perfect and the car was gliding. System was nearly at full volume and sounded great. Seats comfortable as hell, loving the cockpit feel. Beautiful driver display in front of the wheel, google maps looks incredible. And Im just blasting through intersections when the light turns green to show off :ROFLMAO:. I was totally immersed in the drive and having a great time. All systems functioning as intended!

·
Registered
Dual motor - Plus & Pilot
111 Posts
Today was a pretty cold day in Helsinki. The car was parked outside all day and in the evening I left to drive. Just for a joyride, because the car is so fun to drive, especially on slippery roads and on sport mode. I tested the battery preheating and navigated to the HPC charger. The cold battery indicator disappeared from the display after about 40 minutes of driving. Battery heating works great! According to the charging curve, the maximum charging power drops to approx. 100 kW when the SOC is approx. 40%. Last winter I had a Volkswagen ID.3 and I never got over 50 kW of charging power if the temperature was below 0 °C.

Vehicle Green Font Gadget Audio equipment

·
Registered
10 Posts
I enjoy driving my car knowing that basically anything else that pulls up next to me I can leave in the dust, all while them having no idea that I can do it (because no one knows what the hell kind of car I'm in).
I have my wife's CRV today and driving it feels like the parking brake is stuck on, haha. I'm already used to having the instant torque of an EV and looking for reasons to drive all the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What can I say, it is the greatest car so far. My last fuel (petrol/gas) was 0, nada, nill. My charging costs is pocket money compared to gas/diesel. The fastest car I have had, it is a rocket If I like to drive that way. Only positive vibes.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Today the car was preheated with a timer, we hoped into a warm car and off we went. This car is always a dream to drive. I also love knowing I can smoke every fire breathing, noise making, muscle car out there😁. Whenever one passes by making a ruckus, I just calmly tell my kids: "we could smoke him", and they chuckle.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I couldn't come up with a reasonable excuse to go for a drive today. That happens. It's always a bit of a bummer.

Last time I drove, I dropped off an appliance to donate at a thrift shop and picked up some paint for some cabinet work I'm doing. Super easy to secure things in the car so I can drive it quickly. Best car I've owned for daily tasks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I enjoy driving my car knowing that basically anything else that pulls up next to me I can leave in the dust, all while them having no idea that I can do it (because no one knows what the hell kind of car I'm in).
I have my wife's CRV today and driving it feels like the parking brake is stuck on, haha. I'm already used to having the instant torque of an EV and looking for reasons to drive all the time.
I know this is a feel good thread but let’s keep it real. The P*2 is a great car but that just isn’t true. Too many EV drivers seem to have never had a powerful car before and statement like that just make us all look silly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today the car was preheated with a timer, we hoped into a warm car and off we went. This car is always a dream to drive. I also love knowing I can smoke every fire breathing, noise making, muscle car out there😁. Whenever one passes by making a ruckus, I just calmly tell my kids: "we could smoke him", and they chuckle.
OMFG Another one. Dude that is just not right. I love my polestar but even in dual motor it couldn’t keep up with my other two ICE cars and one is a bloody great Range Rover.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I have only had great drives all year! All winter really! (no jinx)

And since switching my eq settings to amp up the mid-freqs (similar to these settings, thanks @matthew.wj !) the audio has really been great too

And since switching out the car seat in the main car to a Diono Radian (following this post, thanks @Monk !), the car is that much better for hauling 5 when a grandparent is visiting.

And we still make good use of @mroek 's cupholder and shelves.

So yeah, I'm enjoying the cars and really, thanks to the forum for making the overall Polestar experience work that much better.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Ah but it IS true. This car is easily much quicker than the vast majority of cars out there. Not that it really matters... But it is fun knowing it.

Of course, over here, EVs are still not all that common.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I know this is a feel good thread but let’s keep it real. The P*2 is a great car but that just isn’t true. Too many EV drivers seem to have never had a powerful car before and statement like that just make us all look silly.
I've had some powerful cars before, but nothing like the P2. And even an ICE that has the same specs doesn't feel nearly as fast. Because the only way you are going to come close in a 0-60 pop is by completely ragging the engine and tranny to the point of thinking you are doing damage. And so you rarely do that in an ICE. Whereas in the P2 is just a flick of the foot and you're off at speed. And you can do that over and over again without a care. By comparison I did that as a kid on a big block V8 Ford and ruined the crank bearings. Fortunately the Ford C6 transmission was bullet proof.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts