Polestar Forum banner
261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discovered pre-conditioning this week. Average consumption for my 15 mile journey to work went from 35kWh/100 miles to 29kWh/100 miles. All because i had 10 minutes spare before i left for work. That was at 13 Celsius and it has mostly been between 13 and 16 Celsius since the car arrived.

Very happy to discover that!

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
317 Posts
I know some people have complained that on either new cars or updated software cars that their first charge can blow right past their preset limit. Looks like my Zappi home smart charger and car (both brand spanking new) are best friends and after a good 14.32 kWhr of cheap solar energy this morning the 80% limiter instruction from the car has kicked in, and the Zappi has been told it's services aren't needed. And can all be monitored on smartphone (both the Zappi and Polestar apps).

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Launch Edition (Thunder/Slate)
1,964 Posts
I know some people have complained that on either new cars or updated software cars that their first charge can blow right past their preset limit. Looks like my Zappi home smart charger and car (both brand spanking new) are best friends and after a good 14.32 kWhr of cheap solar energy this morning the 80% limiter instruction from the car has kicked in, and the Zappi has been told it's services aren't needed. And can all be monitored on smartphone (both the Zappi and Polestar apps).
In my experience the issue manifests when you change the setting, it doesn't always work. Eg if it was to 90% and working fine, if you set it to 100% the night before a road trip, it will still stop at 90% despite both the infotainment and the dash saying it's set to 100%. It might or might not work a day or two later, at which point you probably are back, you've set it to 90% and now it will go past that limit :/

I just gave up and have mine set to 90% as I rarely do long trips and the extra 10% isn't such a big deal even if I do. The car was doing this perfect for over a year and a half, I first noticed this a few months ago following an update, hopefully 2.4 fixes it as I can't rely on it.

·
Registered
PS2 Snow, Pilot
353 Posts
And on another note, I was able to use the app the preheat the cabin today. That is hardly news of course but the interesting part is that my P2 is still on version 1.8.1 and somehow the app has kept working (for the most part) despite that. Kudos to Polestar for not introducing a breaking change there.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Got in for a hurried early AM ride to the airport.
Despite the stress from oversleeping a bit I found myself quite comfortable and cosseted - courtesy of the auto turn on of the seat and steering wheel heating, which came on as the temps were 43F/6C. I almost forgot about them given the long summer!

Also - somehow made my flight, getting to the gate only ~1hr after waking up, even with the surprising amount of traffic on Hwy101 that early in the AM. 400hp and instant torque FTW....?

·
Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
257 Posts
Fall is definitely here. Where I live on the hills and in the forest the wet leaves are everywhere and combined with the rain it gets rather slippery on our lanes. That AWD system is amazing. Even with 476hp and all that torque not a single bit of wheel spin on those summer tyres...Really like this car.
@Bl4ckD0g just looks for any excuse to remind me that his car has more hp than mine... 😂😭

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
253 Posts
Fall is definitely here. Where I live on the hills and in the forest the wet leaves are everywhere and combined with the rain it gets rather slippery on our lanes. That AWD system is amazing. Even with 476hp and all that torque not a single bit of wheel spin on those summer tyres...Really like this car.
About that... 476Hp. How is it? is it noticeable? IM running out of time on the lease and starting to wonder if it DOES come to the USA, if it will be worth it given the remaining time i have. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
About that... 476Hp. How is it? is it noticeable? IM running out of time on the lease and starting to wonder if it DOES come to the USA, if it will be worth it given the remaining time i have. any thoughts?
Like with any powerful car, you forget after a while what it was like before you tuned it :) We bought ours outright, and got it done early on. If you are coming towards the end I wouldn't do it but it's your choice. I just can't help myself, always tune cars and this was too easy...

·
Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
75 Posts
Did you put winter tyres this fall?

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor, Zinc Interior
42 Posts
After a series of glitchy chargers the past few weeks, I tried a brand new ABB charger today at York Vanguard Shopping. 4 x 50kW and 4 x 120kW jobbies all under cover. Its owned by York Council and operated by BP sp I was not optimistic.
Plugged in, flashed debit card. It started immediately with a decent output!. Good charge spot if you are near York, better its only 25p/kWh - cheaper than charging at home :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had done a few 200 mile round trips in the past month, but this past weekend I did a 500 mile round trip. I'll admit I had some anxiety about the EA chargers being down or occupied and how that could really throw things off, but I was able to get a spot when I pulled in for the charging stops.

The car was great for the whole trip. This is my first car with a pilot assist type system and it is really nice on the highway. I am also finding the Polestar to be much more efficient on the highway than I expected it to be.

·
Registered
‘23 Polestar 2
198 Posts
We just finished our second roadtrip, about 320 miles round trip from the Sacramento area to Gualala on the Northern California coast. With no fast chargers and few public level 2 chargers along the coast, and none at our destination I was a little concerned. No need. We charged to 90% along the way at a nice Evgo station with 6 chargers all working next to a Whole Foods. At our Airbnb, we used the grandpa EVSE that comes with the car for the first time. Didn’t get a lot, of course, but enough to replace what we used driving around at our destination. Finally, on the way home, stopped at a state park with free level 2 chargers, which gave us enough (and plenty more) to make it home to our essentially free Wallbox. Great fish and chips in Bodega Bay as a bonus.

·
Registered
LRDM Pilot/ Plus/Performance/Enhanced s/u. Snow.
206 Posts
Like with any powerful car, you forget after a while what it was like before you tuned it :) We bought ours outright, and got it done early on. If you are coming towards the end I wouldn't do it but it's your choice. I just can't help myself, always tune cars and this was too easy...
Yes.. you notice the power increase and different throttle mapping on the first few drives after installing the download...5wks later im ready for more.
However... if you havn't had the increase.. The standard power/performance is ample really... Why would you upgrade if your soon to get rid of when the lease expires... that's a waste of close to £1000 in my book.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
253 Posts
Yes.. you notice the power increase and different throttle mapping on the first few drives after installing the download...5wks later im ready for more.
However... if you havn't had the increase.. The standard power/performance is ample really... Why would you upgrade if your soon to get rid of when the lease expires... that's a waste of close to £1000 in my book.
yes, this is the problem Im having, will I enjoy it enough. the money, yeah its a concern, but In've had it set aside for this since the begining. And I've wasted more money on dumber things :ROFLMAO: .
As for the lease, I only leased the car because I didn't know how it would work with my lifestyle, and I didn't know what new cool things are coming out in the next few years.
Well, it fits my lifestyle perfectly, and so far there isn't anything else I would rather have. I want to like the Audi e-tron GT, but the wheels.... and its not a hatchback like the PS2 or my A7.
Also, I was thinking the PS5 would be out when the lease it up, but I also thought the PS3 would be available for DELIVERY this year. Who knows when the PS5 will actually be available to drive, let alone buy.

So I currently am thinking I will buy out the lease.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I own three fast cars. All stock. No mods, yet.

In order of straight line quickness: (1) 2021 Porsche 992S (911S); (2) 2016 BMW M4 and (3) 2022 dual motor Polestar 2. HP rating for the three are: 992S 443HP; M4 425HP; P2 408HP. The weight to HP ratio would favor Porsche then BMW then the P2.

The 992S does 0-60mph in 3.2sec, repeatedly. The M4 is 4.1-4.2 sec and the Polestar P2 4.2-4.5 (I assume it depends on how warm/prepared the battery is…and the 2022 P2 does not have launch control, as do the Porsche and BMW.

The take away: the P2 is as fast, or nearly as fast, as my M4. The Porsche is at a different level, and that is especially true on windy roads. So, the P2 will out accelerate the vast majority of vehicles on the road. I particularly enjoy leaving big ass trucks/SUVs, that like to tail-gate EV’s, as a distant speck in my rear view mirror when I decide to burns some electrons.

Final note: Both the Porsche and BMW are rear wheel drive (only) cars. As such, making any power bumps/mods on these cars really won;t do much good off the line. Top end, or mid-range, yes, it would help. On the other hand, the P2 puts power down to all 4 wheels, so I expect with Polestar’s performance power bump (when it becomes available in the US), will be able to handle the added power without loosing grip at the start, and will reduce 60 times about 0.2 sec, making it faster than my 2016 BMW M4.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts