Polestar Forum banner
281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah, when I first got the P2 I was amazed at the acceleration. Seven months later I’m like, is that it? But when I have an EV noob with me and hammer it they can’t believe it then I remember how quick this car is.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I find this to be the most salient point. The car is very fast as it is. And if speed is your only thrill, then no matter what the performance bump is, you'll never be satisfied.

That’s true of a lot of things in life.

That said, for some of us, just knowing that there are few things on the road that are faster than you…even if you don’t have to prove it….brings a smile on our faces.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The faster your car is, the less you have to prove it 😉

You don't see guys in Ferraris dragging at stop lights 😂
Well, the last time I actually saw a Ferrari on the road was maybe a year ago. Most cars like that are what we call “garage queens”.

FYI - the only time I see “super cars” is on the track. Mostly Lambo’s.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

But your point is well taken. I don’t go looking for action when in my Porsche…but sometimes, action comes looking for me.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
1 Year Service done ... nothing wrong. All clean

Still 99.9% of the time a reliable car.

Shame there are almost zero new apps in 18+ months.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well, the last time I actually saw a Ferrari on the road was maybe a year ago. Most cars like that are what we call “garage queens”.

FYI - the only time I see “super cars” is on the track. Mostly Lambo’s.
Here in the bourgeois DC suburbs I drive through everyday where 20,000 square foot mansions are the norm I see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Ford GTs and stuff like that almost everyday.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Here in the bourgeois DC suburbs I drive through everyday where 20,000 square foot mansions are the norm I see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Ford GTs and stuff like that almost everyday.
20854 is one of the wealthiest zip codes in the country thanks to Ronald Regan who reduced the "sized" of government while exploding the "cost" of government by creating a massive contractor community. That and all the diplomats. Those are usually the really gross mansions.

·
Registered
582 Posts

I live in the greater DC area. Annapolis. I bought my P2 from the Rockville space (now DC), so fairly familiar with the demographics for the metro area. I can’t speak for NoVa, but never saw a Ferrari in DC. Ever. And my work took me into DC on a regular basis. Where i might expect to see Ferrari’s driven are places like Miami/Fla, LA/Ca or Vegas.

According to the Ferrari Club of America, there are approximately 37,400 (total/all vintages) Ferrari’s registered in the US. And suspect the majority of those, are collector cars, that are driven a few times a year to keep things Lubricated. That’s a paltry number spread out over a country as wealthy and as big as the US…so, if you are seeing ”Ferrari’s every day”, and it ain;t Miami, LA or Vegas…then suggest you’re seeing the same handful over and over. 😎

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Well, I've lived in and around that area for more than 50 years. S class MBs, big Bmers and A7 and A8s are a dime a dozen in Potomac. The rich that want to be special drive something else (I drive a Polestar ;)😁 😂).

·
Registered
582 Posts
20854 is one of the wealthiest zip codes in the country thanks to Ronald Regan who reduced the "sized" of government while exploding the "cost" of government by creating a massive contractor community. That and all the diplomats. Those are usually the really gross mansions.
Hailing (originally) from California, when I owned my company, I lived in Potomac, Md (one of the richest counties in the metro area…including NoVa). I remember some of my associates at work, who also lived in Potomac/Bethesda, use to “brag” about how expensive the housing was. So, one Christmas, while visiting my parents back in Coronado, Ca (if you are familiar), I got a copy of the local newspaper, that listed houses for sale, This was in the early 90’s. The cheapest house in Coronado, at that time, was about $900K…and that was for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath rancher built in the 50’s. Garbage. It’s not the house that’s valuables, but the land. Look at the top 10 most expensive cities to live in….all are in California. All Of them. Not a single mention of the DC or NoVa area. The greater Dc area is affluent, but NOT uber rich. During the last few recesssions I finally realized the housing advantage of the DC area was - The Federal Government doesn’t, or rarely ever has layoffs. Guaranteed income for life. That’s reality. So, when unemployment jumps to 10% in some cities/states….not in the DC area, where the Federal Government is the biggest employer, directly or indirectly. The DC area is, essentially, recessions proof. That;’s what we have, that other areas don;t have.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Nothing compares to the Bay Area, or a CA beach community. But then again before long those areas will all be part of the Pacific ocean 😂 . I think part of the equation is that Potomac is not land locked by water/mountains, and so there was always room to grow "out" and mitigate housing prices. CA also has the draw of better year-round weather. But Potomac was a sleepy little crossroads when we first moved there. Now the traffic is horrendous.

·
Registered
963 Posts
And it still has sleepy little crossroads roads outside the beltway. Only two lane roads. Especially we’re I go. I almost never go past Falls road when I’m on River rd. Crazy traffic inside the beltway.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts