Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
I AM a grandpa, and yes I drive like one most of the time. Not necessarily slowly, but not using the pedals more than necessary. There's just too much sport in seeing how low I can get that power consumption number. Having said that, it's nice to know the grunt is there if I want to overtake a motor-caravan or lorry on a steep hill.

Registered
I drive like an old man in London 鈥.. the entire city does as no one is going anywhere anytime very quickly.
When I lived in London I loved taking bus around.
Zone 1 is pretty well connected. Miss that, and this freaking Corona must have changed many things, that was in 2012.

Registered
What problems? 鈽
(PS just been reading about the Lucid Air software glitches)

Reactions: Icesingh

Registered
I鈥檓 tired of reading all the things that have gone wrong with peoples cars. Please believe me I sympathise with you all and I know my sympathies will not make fix your cars or make your situation better.

I decided to start this thread for the times you get in the car and everything works as it should. No faults please. If your car didn鈥檛 work as it should the create a thread elsewhere or continue an existing one.

This thread is more for those who want a Polestar but are unsure due to the deluge of faults Being reported.
I have not had one issue with mine, I have done over 15k miles in 10 months and love it, its a joy to drive and be in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
When I lived in London I loved taking bus around.
Zone 1 is pretty well connected. Miss that, and this freaking Corona must have changed many things, that was in 2012.
London is probably one of the best connected cities for public transport on the planet, when the underground isn鈥檛 on strike.

not much has changed since 2012 service levels have decreased due to covid but then so has patronage, I work in the bus industry and whilst the am and pm peak is busy the rest of the time the buses are empty.

I loved NYC for the transport as well, but LA seriously sucked for transport.

Registered
Void | PP | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
I have had the opportunity to challenge the car in all kinds of winter conditions lately. The pixel lights and the way it handle shitty winter roads is just amazing. I did the same last winter, but that was soon forgotten during the summer. Can't really remember the last time I had issues with the car, and even the app has worked 100% for weeks. I feel armed to the teeth for transport at the moment.

Sometimes I find a tune that really makes the sound system shine, check this out in the car: Stage Dolls - Wings of Steel

Registered
I went for a drive today, climate control worked and the car got me to my destination and back with no issues. Google maps and Spotify also worked.

The PAK worked, key was in my bag in the boot.

Yes I know it鈥檚 boring but it鈥檚 time to show those interested in a polestar it鈥檚 not all doom and gloom.
Hi! I got my Polestar last January, and have now had it for one wonderful year. I enjoy every day I can get into the car and go for a ride. Living in Norway I have been to all sorts of weather, and the car responds to the expectations. Just love it!

Registered
I couldn't come up with a reasonable excuse to go for a drive today. That happens. It's always a bit of a bummer.

Last time I drove, I dropped off an appliance to donate at a thrift shop and picked up some paint for some cabinet work I'm doing. Super easy to secure things in the car so I can drive it quickly. Best car I've owned for daily tasks.
I鈥檓 tired of reading all the things that have gone wrong with peoples cars. Please believe me I sympathise with you all and I know my sympathies will not make fix your cars or make your situation better.

I decided to start this thread for the times you get in the car and everything works as it should. No faults please. If your car didn鈥檛 work as it should the create a thread elsewhere or continue an existing one.

This thread is more for those who want a Polestar but are unsure due to the deluge of faults Being reported.
I had my first opportunity to do a 0-60 drag race (with myself) this week (pulling away from a motorway toll booth with 10+ lanes) and can confirm that the P2 is a blast to drive

Registered

Great! So glad to see this. I have had my 2 for four months and think that it is the best car I have ever owned (and I'm 66). I love pulling up to a BMW and blowing them out of the water. The power and handling are amazing. I race (very very amateur) and feel this car. It charges when I plug it in and it communicates its needs without fail. Love the radio and the electronics. Updates have loaded without a hitch. I just have to fight my wife for who gets to drive it!

Paul

Registered
I enjoy driving my car knowing that basically anything else that pulls up next to me I can leave in the dust, all while them having no idea that I can do it (because no one knows what the hell kind of car I'm in).
I have my wife's CRV today and driving it feels like the parking brake is stuck on, haha. I'm already used to having the instant torque of an EV and looking for reasons to drive all the time.
Great to read this because it corresponds perfectly to my own feeling, apart from the fact that my wife has no CRV :). Leaving others "in the dust" without producing any exhaust is just a great feeling. Just recently a Audi with a noisy ("sporty") exhaust next to me at the traffic light; sorry for the driver but he probably had problems with managing his frustration...
Let's have fun as long as EV's are still exceptions and Polestar nit so well known.

By the way I do not have the intention to frustrate other Polstar owners but my car does very well (I drove nearly 18000 km). Would I make again the same choice (Magnesium launch edition thus 4 WD and fully equipped) ? Yes surely, although consumption is on the high side, but can one expect something else from a sports car (which does not look as a sports car)? Yes one could, because let's say 200 kg less could make a difference,but Tesla is not my cup of tea.

Because technology is evolving that fast, I bought my P2 with the idea to make up my mind after 3-5 years ownership and eventually envisage a change. In the meantime I feel happy as a early adopter. I have solar panels and thus my car will not cost e anything during three years, apart from the insurance :)

PS. I live close to a reliable Volvo dealer (with technicians trained for EV maintenance) where the car has been delivered. I thus can easily get help in case of trouble (that I did not have apart from an external mlirror that has been replaced without any discssion). From what I read on this forum it seems that depending on where you live the Polestar "network" is maybe less present or reliable. If this is indeed the case, Polestar should do efforts to upgrade, because it hase to build an image of a reliable brand. This being said, although most Tesla drivers appear to be very enthousiastic, my own feeling (I did test drive the Tesla 3 before deciding) is that Tesla service is not always that perfect !

Registered
I decided to do the quick road trip with the P2 despite the car scaring me with the keys-not-detected issue the day before.

The trip went great so far, and the one recharge I had to do so far (which was just before reaching my 2nd city on the tour) was at a 175kW BP unit that was free vending!
Where was this free vending or was it because you got the free BP Pulse money when you got the P2?
Just interested as BP hasnt come down my way yet with these chargers so may need to take a long trip out to use them. Not used it much over the last year due to obvious reasons so wanting to arrange some road trips. Doing a route taking in the 150kw charging network would be a good start point ;)馃榿

Registered
Midnight, Dual Motor, with Plus & Pilot.
Doing a taxi ride for my son (always happy now to volunteer!) and my son asked Google for a Riddle. Go on try it鈥.it put a smile on our faces.

Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
Where was this free vending or was it because you got the free BP Pulse money when you got the P2?
Just interested as BP hasnt come down my way yet with these chargers so may need to take a long trip out to use them. Not used it much over the last year due to obvious reasons so wanting to arrange some road trips. Doing a route taking in the 150kw charging network would be a good start point ;)馃榿
I鈥檓 trying to route via BP pulse鈥檚 network to use my credit but in this one I couldn鈥檛!

Surprised myself by feeling slightly miffed that I wouldn鈥檛 be chipping away at my free credit this time as it was vending electrons free. Truly a first world problem!

It was Beckington SF Connect near Bath, had two chargers and a nice Starbucks nearby.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I鈥檓 trying to route via BP pulse鈥檚 network to use my credit but in this one I couldn鈥檛!

Surprised myself by feeling slightly miffed that I wouldn鈥檛 be chipping away at my free credit this time as it was vending electrons free. Truly a first world problem!

It was Beckington SF Connect near Bath, had two chargers and a nice Starbucks nearby.
Now you done it. Every P2 in the UK is heading to Bath for free charging in the meantime I鈥檓 buying shares in Starbucks as they will do brisk business whilst everyone is waiting for the chargers.

Registered
I enjoy driving my car knowing that basically anything else that pulls up next to me I can leave in the dust, all while them having no idea that I can do it (because no one knows what the hell kind of car I'm in).
I have my wife's CRV today and driving it feels like the parking brake is stuck on, haha. I'm already used to having the instant torque of an EV and looking for reasons to drive all the time.
So with you on this; the surprise factor of other drivers when l launch away from the lights is priceless. :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait for the weather to warm up and roads to dry to properly test 350Kw under my right foot. :devilish:

Registered
Had to make a quick run to my sister in law's house with the wife. Everything worked exactly as it should, no issues at all. Happy as usual.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts