Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday I didn’t need to go anywhere in the car so I just went out for a spin in the countryside on my own for no purpose at all.
I haven’t done that for years and it was perfect. This car makes me so happy!
I keep finding excuses to go to the store, grab some takeout, etc. And when I have no excuse, I just go drive around for a bit. Never been this infatuated with a car before now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Car was covered in ice this morning and by 12pm it was still covered, not as bad as our friends in colder parts of the world but still didn’t like the look of my Thunder so went inside activated climate and watched it defrost itself.

I wasn’t going anywhere but since I got the best looking car on the street I wanted to it be seen at its best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This morning I started the coffee brewer and the PS2 climate at the same time. When the coffee was ready, I poured a cup into my travel mug, got in the PS2 and went for a brisk spin around the windy countryside that surrounds my neighborhood. Returned home and started my workday.

·
Registered
P2 MY22 SM SR Pilot Plus Thunder
87 Posts
This morning I started the coffee brewer and the PS2 climate at the same time. When the coffee was ready, I poured a cup into my travel mug, got in the PS2 and went for a brisk spin around the windy countryside that surrounds my neighborhood. Returned home and started my workday.
Ah, a virtual commute! The best type.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm trying to convince my wife to go on a 2700 mile road trip with me and the kiddo.
My desire to go on extended road trips has gone up exponentially since getting the Polestar. Really expected quite the opposite when going EV!

and yes to just doing random errands just to drive the car too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
People who buy their first EV in 10 years will never know that feeling. It won't feel like an accomplishment anymore.
At the rate things are going in 10 years the queues for chargers will be longer than queues for fuel during a shortage lol. Expansion of infrastructure needs to be faster than uptake of vehicles, especially on motorways etc.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
At the rate things are going in 10 years the queues for chargers will be longer than queues for fuel during a shortage lol. Expansion of infrastructure needs to be faster than uptake of vehicles, especially on motorways etc.
Hopefully in 10 years it will only take 5 minutes to charge your solid state battery 😀

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm two weeks in in my '22 Void w Pilot and Plus. No issues yet(how's that for jinxing myself?). PAK working for all of us, I've used EA chargers twice without issue. I don't have my L2 install at home yet, so I'm just on a 120v, but it's been fine. I'm around 500mi so far. First road trip this weekend (265mi each way, and it's going to be COLD!) so I'll be much more familiar with everything next week. Car is great so far.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
706 Posts
Drove to the office today, this one has chargers so I could use the heavier foot and not care about consumption (still well over 100km one way). It did everything I asked.

As for having excuses to drive, I think in my 5 weeks of owning it there's only been 1 day I haven't driven it. And we are officially in a lockdown 😅

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I pushed it a little too hard into a corner today, got a slight bit of oversteer, but zero effort to bring it back in line.
More power or less to bring it back?

Last time I did that I ruined two wheels and one tire :(

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
706 Posts
I guess that makes sense for OS. But I'm surprised the car is not tuned to US.
All I know is the back tried to overtake me for a second... maybe one of the back wheels just hit damp road marking or something.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts