Polestar Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
I guess that makes sense for OS. But I'm surprised the car is not tuned to US.
I take that back. For OS usually if you back off the throttle you'll get a weight shift forward that can cause more OS.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
688 Posts
I take that back. For OS usually if you back off the throttle you'll get a weight shift forward that can cause more OS.
Well, it wasn't a massive OS moment, I've had that before (not my fault, and my Swedish car handled that well too). Just noticed that it was very easy to get the car back in line after clearly pushing it slightly too hard.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My Thunder hasn't let me down once since new in aug 2020 and 3500 kms. It just works. Even LTE is rock solid.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
When I was trying my hand at autocross this summer, I got into trouble with a lot of oversteer. I was in sports mode. Even so I was able to counter and managed to get the car back under control much to my instructor's surprise. I give the car credit for that. Nice low c. g., great suspension, and massive grip.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
It's not often I use the car mid-week but a site visit meant an early rise today.

Set the Pre-heat to leave at 5:30am. Worked perfectly. SOC set for 90%.
Doing 70-75mph for 100 miles everything worked fine.
Averaged 38kw/100mi.... @ -1 to -3deg

Last year I'd be in the 45kw/100mi range for the same trip.

So I'm not sure how much of that was down to pre-heating cabin & battery, and how much was down to the software updates, but was nice to see a decent improvement.

Reactions: Icesingh

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's not often I use the car mid-week but a site visit meant an early rise today.

Set the Pre-heat to leave at 5:30am. Worked perfectly. SOC set for 90%.
Doing 70-75mph for 100 miles everything worked fine.
Averaged 38kw/100mi.... @ -1 to -3deg

Last year I'd be in the 45kw/100mi range for the same trip.

So I'm not sure how much of that was down to pre-heating cabin & battery, and how much was down to the software updates, but was nice to see a decent improvement.
Favorable wind direction?

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
26 Posts
I did a trip from my home to Stevens Pass this weekend. Round trip it's around 190 miles. I got to the top of the pass at 47% remaining from 99%, though GM had predicted 43%. I could have made it home with 13% according to GM.

There was an EA station in Monroe that I stopped at for my free 30min and went from 35 to 77%, and got home with 58%. So it doesn't have the legs of a long range Tesla, but it has decent range. I think I even have phone as a key working.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Amazingly I got PAK working this weekend. I'd still never rely on it if I was going somewhere, but to drop my kids at school (2 miles round trip) where I'm not getting out of the car, it's perfect. Only problem now is that it's still sucking too much battery from my phone when enabled.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
26 Posts
Amazingly I got PAK working this weekend. I'd still never rely on it if I was going somewhere, but to drop my kids at school (2 miles round trip) where I'm not getting out of the car, it's perfect. Only problem now is that it's still sucking too much battery from my phone when enabled.
I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro. I actually looked at the top battery drains out of curiosity last night. Apollo (reddit) and Safari were my top two....Polestar wasn't even on the top 10 list thankfully. Maybe kill the app and restart it?

101 - 112 of 112 Posts