Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that not only are the order page on the website and the order page on the App mostly out of sync, there's another place you can look too - and this seems more realistic. That's on your "list of orders" page, rather than the order page itself.

For instance, mine shows the following - note that the Status has changed from Planning Delivery to Planned, and that the estimated delivery date is December:

However when I go into the page for that order, it shows a delivery date still of January!

The app also says January.

Given that Customer Services said my car would be in the country at the end of November and that they would expect it to be delivered in December, it does look like the Confirmed Orders page is the most correct.

I shall have to modify my "Order watcher" program to watch both pages now!

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is odd, my app says Dec, online it says Feb. Anyone else in Canada showing this difference?

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@GDank have a web chat with CS. Once you've got a VIN and confirmed the order, they can give you a list of reg plates to choose from. Sadly none of them were particularly interesting!

·
Registered
296 Posts
My App says October still.

The Oder Status page says December.

The Order details page says November.
I'm pretty sure we are all overthinking this. I'm extremely eager to get my car, but I'm also quite certain that these listed dates provide very limited information about when the car might actually come.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
246 Posts
I’m with @rgledhill on this after checking my account today. As many will know I rejected my Void PS which came and promptly went back on the 19th October. This is still showing up in my order information page along with ViN and VRM...neither of which will now belong to me.

However the confirmed orders page now shows December and status as ‘planned’. I haven’t even chosen the new colour yet so this must be an educated guess on their part as to the numbers coming into the UK.

I’ve had no verbal update today so hope to get a call tomorrow with firm details. Patience wearing thin!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It seems that not only are the order page on the website and the order page on the App mostly out of sync, there's another place you can look too - and this seems more realistic. That's on your "list of orders" page, rather than the order page itself.

For instance, mine shows the following - note that the Status has changed from Planning Delivery to Planned, and that the estimated delivery date is December:

View attachment 1430

However when I go into the page for that order, it shows a delivery date still of January!

View attachment 1431

The app also says January.

Given that Customer Services said my car would be in the country at the end of November and that they would expect it to be delivered in December, it does look like the Confirmed Orders page is the most correct.

I shall have to modify my "Order watcher" program to watch both pages now!
Hi, i don't understand how you can have a reg no. if the car isn6t in the UK yet? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
this is odd, my app says Dec, online it says Feb. Anyone else in Canada showing this difference?
Yes, I think most of us have the same issue. Mine says November on the website and December on the app. And then I also have another order for September, which still says September on both the app and the website (oh wait is September not in the past ....?)
I think it is happening in other countries as well.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, i don't understand how you can have a reg no. if the car isn6t in the UK yet? Any thoughts?
Because Polestar reserve an allocation of dozens of reg numbers and then just allocate the next one each time another car gets close to delivery. My car isn't registered yet - and won't be for another month probably - but they've pre-allocated that reg number to my VIN.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@GDank have a web chat with CS. Once you've got a VIN and confirmed the order, they can give you a list of reg plates to choose from. Sadly none of them were particularly interesting!
I emailed CS last night enquiring about choosing a reg plate as suggested. Very helpful and quick. Got a call this morning from Tom who read of a long list of number plates to choose from. Chose one then asked where my car was in the process (on a boat; in the EU or in UK?) he checked and told me it was in Glasgow at Taggarts, so very close to delivery! I reminded him that I hadn’t yet paid for the car! I was waiting for an email/notification for this. He said “could you pay sooner rather than later”.
all very helpful but doesn’t strike me as particularly organised.
When have others been asked for payment? Thanks. Getting closer!🤞

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent, great to hear! What does your status say in your order and when are the estimated delivery dates on the order pages?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excellent, great to hear! What does your status say in your order and when are the estimated delivery dates on the order pages?
Still says Planned. No other new info apart from now having a reg number. Confirmed order still says Decmber but the Order info says november. I sense that once it is with a more local dealer (Volvo) then the actual delivery is up to them and their own local processes as to when they dispatch the car to you. But just guessing really.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They're not normally delivered by your local Volvo dealer, they're delivered by car delivery companies contracted to Polestar, so it's probably as local as it's going to get until they deliver it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts