Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal non-PP Towbar
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! Can’t believe I have only just found this forum! Like many, I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my P2 (I’ve gone for Midnight, 19s, non-PP, with towbar), for seems like forever. Just wondering how long folks had to wait for their ‘save the date’ email once they had received their VIN and Registration number? I’ve been told by PS that the car was in the country as of the 4th November and it’s in ‘delivery planning’....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Everyone! Can’t believe I have only just found this forum! Like many, I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my P2 (I’ve gone for Midnight, 19s, non-PP, with towbar), for seems like forever. Just wondering how long folks had to wait for their ‘save the date’ email once they had received their VIN and Registration number? I’ve been told by PS that the car was in the country as of the 4th November and it’s in ‘delivery planning’....
Welcome to the forum. I have just 'had' to have a short drive after a day in with the rain. Makes me smile every time.😁.
I am sure if you look at the various threads you will find loads of information to help in your journey.
I cannot remember how long it was for me. Don't keep a diary but someone will be able to let you know. Assuming the car has been fitted with the new inverters and all software updates have been done I wouldn't have thought it could be long. If not the work will have to be done here which could delay it I guess. It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hope you get it soon, they are fixing stuff (recalls) but hopefully it wont be long til you get it. Then it's nothing but enjoyment

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi welcome
I ordered 18/8 and after about 1 month got a VIN. then nothing happened for over a month until I decided to call them to enquire about choosing a reg no. before one is allocated to the car ( they let you do this but good luck at finding anything in any way “personal” unless you have an X or Z in your name😂). However while on the phone I asked where my car was expecting it to still be on a ship. However he told me it was in Glasgow! I’m in Aberdeenshire. The very next day I got my reg no. Then within the following week I received a save the date email. Had to delay it by 10 days as I was working on the offered date. Now expecting delivery Friday 20th November. 3 months after initial order. NB. At no point did I receive an email asking for payment! I chose to make the payment after I’d received the handover date!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi welcome
I ordered 18/8 and after about 1 month got a VIN. then nothing happened for over a month until I decided to call them to enquire about choosing a reg no. before one is allocated to the car ( they let you do this but good luck at finding anything in any way “personal” unless you have an X or Z in your name😂). However while on the phone I asked where my car was expecting it to still be on a ship. However he told me it was in Glasgow! I’m in Aberdeenshire. The very next day I got my reg no. Then within the following week I received a save the date email. Had to delay it by 10 days as I was working on the offered date. Now expecting delivery Friday 20th November. 3 months after initial order. NB. At no point did I receive an email asking for payment! I chose to make the payment after I’d received the handover date!
Thanks @ahseek I got both on 6th November.. hopefully the email is imminent!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alas my own experience is far worse that that of ahseek. Ordered non-PP Midnight on 12th June. Got a VIN in early September, reg no 10th October. Delivery estimate was September, then October, then November and, as of yesterday, January 2021, even though I've had the emails about 'getting ready'. I've also now had the reg number 'withdrawn'. Conclusion? Luck of the draw.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely worth calling customer support. I generally find them quite helpful.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Another P2 in Devon, this simply won't do ;-) and midnight, 19s, non-pp. hmmf.

As for the order process. I order early August, delivered early October. The VIN arrived very early on in the process very soon after order (must have been allocated one already on the boat) , the save the date came for me about 1 month after order. I chased for the Reg about 2 weeks before delivery and got it within 24hrs (as others have done).

It seems quite random, everyone's story is different i.e. when they got the VIN etc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alas my own experience is far worse that that of ahseek. Ordered non-PP Midnight on 12th June. Got a VIN in early September, reg no 10th October. Delivery estimate was September, then October, then November and, as of yesterday, January 2021, even though I've had the emails about 'getting ready'. I've also now had the reg number 'withdrawn'. Conclusion? Luck of the draw.
@Asgardian that properly sucks! My journey started back in June and has been quite stressful but this is mainly down to leasing companies rather than PS. I’m taking some solace from the fact that PS have said it’s in the country...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another P2 in Devon, this simply won't do ;-) and midnight, 19s, non-pp. hmmf.

As for the order process. I order early August, delivered early October. The VIN arrived very early on in the process very soon after order (must have been allocated one already on the boat) , the save the date came for me about 1 month after order. I chased for the Reg about 2 weeks before delivery and got it within 24hrs (as others have done).

It seems quite random, everyone's story is different i.e. when they got the VIN etc
Whereabouts in Devon are you? I haven’t spotted you yet... can you remember how long your order was in ‘delivery planning’ stage? I’m hoping with a VIN of 125** that it’s not subject to the major recall work...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm near Plymouth. As far as I can remember it pretty much stayed in delivery planning stage for the majority of the time I was waiting for the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts