Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I put down a pre-order in late 2019 for a PS2 but switched to leasing three months ago. Polestar customer service was excellent and refunded my deposit, no questions asked. Good on them! I was expecting delivery of my PS2 last Wednesday but on the day of delivery they called to inform me there was a software update connection issue and they would have to rescheduled. They followed up the call with an email and within 24 hours I had a new slot for this coming Thursday. Looking fwd to receiving the car. I have ordered a 32A 3 phase cable. It's a pity they don't include one for the UK market as standard. I'm guessing because most homes in the UK don't have 3 phase? All that needs doing is getting the charging point installed. Order placed but there appears to be a huge installation backlog. I went for the Shell New Motion charging point (tethered). Has anyone else got this charging point? What has been your experience?
Thanks all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest getting a 7kW Pod point charger for home installation. I haven't got the car yet, due January, but my work colleagues (about 20 of the one's that don't have Tesla's) have recommended Pod Point. I ordered one on the 22nd November and it was installed today - no issues. About £550 but you're going to need one - 3-pin is totally useless.

Also recommend reviewing your electricity supplier - Octopus have a good tariff so that if you set your charge time the cost is at 5p/kWh for about 4-hours at in the very early hours of the day. I do about 50miles/day and I worked out it'll cost around £20-25 per month to charge the car.

Unless you live on a farm you're not going to get a 3-phase supply (most homes are single phase) so if you do live in the sticks then great but to be honest a 7kW single phase supply is good for 99% of home chargers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts