Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this issue?
I have done tcam reset to no vail.
i thought it would go away after a day but it has been on for a week now.

i dread going to my local volvo service center.

· Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: interesting resoltution…

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry that you are experiencing this message with your vehicle. Try this, let the state of charge for the drop below 20% state of charge, and when you recharge it back to 90% we should no longer see this message. I have had luck with this tip with some of my other customers and would like for you to try this before we schedule a service.

Please give it a try and let me know how you make out.

Kind regards,

Mike
- Polestar North America​

· Registered
18 Posts
Tried a comms reboot today. Seems to have worked. Hold defrost button down until SOS button next to connect button blinks. Then exit and lock car for at least an hour. This was the solution polestar gave me. Hoping it’s fixed.

· Registered
12 Posts
Probably a late and maybe unnecessary response, but I had the same issue after the 12V battery was completely drained. I lost GPS, internet and eCall functionality. The solution was taking out fuse 26 in the fuse box under the glove compartiment and putting it back in. GPS and internet immediately came back; eCall came back after driving a few km.
So the statement that the TCAM module has its own battery backup and can't be reset by taking out te fuse seems to be incorrect, at least in my case.

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Midnight Blue, Charcoal Gray, Pilot, Plus, 19" wheels
176 Posts
Probably a late and maybe unnecessary response, but I had the same issue after the 12V battery was completely drained. I lost GPS, internet and eCall functionality. The solution was taking out fuse 26 in the fuse box under the glove compartiment and putting it back in. GPS and internet immediately came back; eCall came back after driving a few km.
So the statement that the TCAM module has its own battery backup and can't be reset by taking out te fuse seems to be incorrect, at least in my case.
Reviving this thread.

I just performed the 12 volt battery disconnect, and TCAM battery disconnect to restore LTE connection. I now have my connection back, but I now have this sane ecall error. How do you access the fuse? I looked under the glove box and see nothing that might look like a panel to remove
to expose fuses.

My car is left hand drive, so perhaps that makes a difference

Also, do too pull fuse 26 AFTER disconnecting the 12 volt battery?

· Registered
12 Posts
You need to pull back the carpet under the glove compartiment to access the fuse box. It's pretty easy to access it, you can put your fingers behind the top rim of the carpet and pull it towards the seat. I never really disconnected the 12V battery, it just drained to ~3V so it's "almost" as if I disconnected the battery. Mine is also left hand drive btw.

As I mentioned, GPS and LTE came back immediately but the eCall error message only disappeared after driving a few km.

· Registered
Polestar 2
36 Posts
My car decided to die some time between yesterday afternoon and this morning. Went out this morning and the 12V battery was utterly and completely dead - I had to unlock it manually using the metal key. Getting in the car - 0 response on any screen, no lights, nothing.

I had gone to the store yesterday for a quick run to get something to eat, maybe 5 miles round trip and when I parked the car had approximately 45% charge remaining. There is no way the doors were open or any type of accessory was left on that could have drained it. I took a look at my driveway camera and it was not accidentally hitting the hazard lights, either. No idea what caused it.

Called AAA for a jump today and drove the car around for a while. Still turned on okay when I checked on it again later this afternoon. Internet/LTE seems to be functioning normally. Car status shows nothing.

Only thing to report is that:
SOS on red. Ecall service required (on screen)

I plan on running it below 20% then charging to 90% as mentioned earlier, followed by a TCAM reset if that does not remedy the issue.

· Registered
Polestar 2
36 Posts
Update: charged to 90%. Now instead of "SOS eCall service required" coming on instantly as soon as I sit in the car.. it comes on about 2-3 minutes later. TCAM reset did nothing. So I still have the SOS light on in the dash cluster.

· Registered
‘22 Plus Magnisium (“Maggie”)
28 Posts
I started getting the “eCall Service Required” message this afternoon. I pushed the SOS button and spoke with a guy who matter-of-factly said “you need to bring it to a Space immediately.”
(Amusing…what if you’re 1200 miles from a Space?) In my case it’s a minor inconvenience, as I’m close to a Space.

· Registered
22 P2 Snow,Pilot,Plus,20”
109 Posts
The SOS issue just happened to me. Tried a reboot to no avail. Set a service appointment for 3 weeks out as they are booked that far out now.
In normal times, I’d be upset having to wait that long, but my wife’s Tesla has preconditioned me - Tesla took months to do anything so I’m happy with 3 weeks.

· Registered
97 Posts
After an overnight scheduled charging to 80% I had the SOS eCall message this morning. "Key not detected" message, too. I was able to start the car by putting the fob in the cup holder. Support tech on the phone instructed me to first take the battery down to 15%, and then charge to 90%. 🤞

· Registered
52 Posts
I had this error show up last night. All the keys worked, but the app was not connecting to my car. We have horrible cell service in my neighborhood - is it possible that the eCall error can come up when car does not have any cell service?

This morning, everything worked as it should and the error code was gone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts