Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving my car today and I got an incoming call on the Polestar Connect system. It shows up on the screen as "Polestar Assist". When I answered it it was a spam robe call for en extended auto warranty (nothing to do with Polestar). I get these types of calls on my cell phone all the time. I was surprised to see that it has somehow managed to infiltrate the Polestar Connect system. I imagine that the Polestar Connect system actually has a phone number associated with it, right?

Anybody else ever have anything like this happen? It would be a bummer if it became common.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
You should definitely let Customer Services know. They should have a whitelist of acceptable incoming numbers built into the module - it shouldn't just answer any old random call that comes in!

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
257 Posts
Depends on whether their system can identify spoof callers. It’s really easy nowadays to mask your number to appear to come from anywhere

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Depends on whether their system can identify spoof callers. It’s really easy nowadays to mask your number to appear to come from anywhere
True, but the chances of an automated spam call knowing to spam Polestar's number when calling a Polestar are somewhat remote :).

Reactions: miked

·
Registered
Thunder ⚡ | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
57 Posts
So that means your car has a phone number or some sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts