Polestar Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not at all a problem. I've done this with no issue. All leased cars come back with "normal wear and tear". Different companies do it a little different, but you get allowance for small chips in paint, small tears in upholstery, etc. without any charge. I take good care of my cars, but even with minor things like a little curb rash, I've never been charged a penny. You can investigate for yourself. And a good roof rack will leave virtually no marks on your car.
Thanks. I'll look into it when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

Looking very close to the concept. I'm surprised that Polestar is releasing a photo so far out from its release.
It's definitely a winner. And we will all have helped make it better at launch since we beta tested most of Polestar's concepts. :D 😆

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looking very close to the concept. I'm surprised that Polestar is releasing a photo so far out from its release.
But it's not really that far out from its release. It will be sold in the second half of 2022 so its reveal date should be fairly soon.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts

surprise, surprise. it has a B pillar after all!

With those haunches, and guesstimating from these pictures, I wonder how much rear passenger and trunk/hatch cargo room is left?
Seems they're chasing Taycan more than Model S. I guess that makes sense. But given I have a family to haul I more want a Polestar designed S, to comfortably carry 5 people and our stuff, rather than another car that's more meant to carry 4 at most.

·
Registered
189 Posts

With those haunches, and guesstimating from these pictures, I wonder how much rear passenger and trunk/hatch cargo room is left?
Seems they're chasing Taycan more than Model S. I guess that makes sense. But given I have a family to haul I more want a Polestar designed S, to comfortably carry 5 people and our stuff, rather than another car that's more meant to carry 4 at most.
Looks like you may have to go with the upcoming electric XC90 that shares much of the same chassis.

From this picture though, it's difficult to tell how much more room this will have over the P2. It doesn't look like there is more room at all except for in front of the front motor.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

Your kids are still little. You will eventually need something even bigger. We went on vacation this summer with just 3 of us and the P2 was packed to the gills. When I hauled 4 or 5 of us, a full size SUV was a necessity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
But it's not really that far out from its release. It will be sold in the second half of 2022 so its reveal date should be fairly soon.
The 3 will be released next year. I was talking about the picture of the Precept. I don't think that will be out before 2023. Maybe they're trying to get some buzz, being a pretty new brand with not a lot of choices at the moment.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
The 3 will be released next year. I was talking about the picture of the Precept. I don't think that will be out before 2023. Maybe they're trying to get some buzz, being a pretty new brand with not a lot of choices at the moment.
It also generates a lot of free advertising.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Looks like you may have to go with the upcoming electric XC90 that shares much of the same chassis.

From this picture though, it's difficult to tell how much more room this will have over the P2. It doesn't look like there is more room at all except for in front of the front motor.
Yeah probably true. I'm hoping with the new platform Volvo/Polestar manage to get the same interior space/packaging benefits that Teslas seem to get along with VW MEB platform cars, and now it seems the Hyundai/Kia E-GMP cars.

For the next car (in ~3 years per my lease), am hoping they offer something that fills the current holes of the P*2 - range, charging, and interior space/packaging. In both the Precept and the P*3 I worry they're ignoring the perceived need to provide more space on the inside. Am sure they'll look great. But I think a lot of folks are specifically not getting the P*2 because of (at least perceived) issues with those more practical features. And we haven't heard much yet about the P*3/P*4 range and charging....

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I could easily see them increasing the wheelbase on the P2 to create more passenger space. Pushing the wheels to the corners is a common trick.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts