Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was getting really annoyed with the amount of fingerprints and glare on my Polestar 2 screen, so started looking for a screen protector to help mitigate these distractions.

Spigen's solution is absolutely phenomenal! Goes on easy, screen is still super receptive to touch, looks super clean. No more fingerprints and glare is greatly reduced!

Best upgrade for the money, highly recommended! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VRRVB5C

Cosmetics Gadget Everyday carry Bumper Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Gadget Plant Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Mobile phone Telephony Telephone Communication Device Gadget

Telephony Communication Device Telephone Gesture Mobile phone

Hand Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony

Vehicle Car Automotive design Mobile phone car mount Communication Device

Output device Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Chair

·
Registered
MY22 LRDM Snow Pilot Plus 20" wheels
364 Posts
Looks good,

Ordered one from UK link here Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Ordered one too. I’ve used Spigen screen protectors on my phones over the years and they are generally good, so hoping their protector for the P*2 is just as good…

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mine, installed it and the screen protector itself had glue on it.

They allowed me to return it as defective and I get the new one tomorrow. Hopefully it works this time as it seems like a rare issue according to Amazon reviews.

·
Registered
SLR in Midnight. Slate & Sunroof ( On order, still driving my VW Scirroco
97 Posts
Was getting really annoyed with the amount of fingerprints and glare on my Polestar 2 screen, so started looking for a screen protector to help mitigate these distractions.

Spigen's solution is absolutely phenomenal! Goes on easy, screen is still super receptive to touch, looks super clean. No more fingerprints and glare is greatly reduced!

Best upgrade for the money, highly recommended! https://amzn.to/3O7HHFQ

View attachment 14873

View attachment 14877

View attachment 14876

View attachment 14875

View attachment 14871

View attachment 14874

View attachment 14872
Wow, that is incredible,I'm impressed with those pictures but can I order it from U.K.? I don't want shipping charges.

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
113 Posts

·
Registered
2022 DM / snow/ nappa/ pilot, plus / 20” rims
73 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
66 Posts
Put mine on tonight. Always use Spigen on iPhones. So quick and simple to install. Just take time with dust removal. No bubbles at all. 5 minutes max. Like matte a lot. Want sure if I would.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can see the value of a (cheaper) matt-finish oleophobic film, but I'd guess that most of the cost here is justified by the tempered glass. While I can see that being a useful feature for a phone (and have used several Spigen ones in the past), what use is that on a car? It's not as if the display is likely to get dropped on concrete or accidentally hit with a hammer; the risk of scratches from wedding rings or whatever would be mitigated equally well with just a film. The only advantage I can think of is that application is easier with glass compared to film. I've got nothing against this product as it clearly does its job well and I'll admit I'm tempted, but it seems overkill - I might just see if I can find a suitable quality film first and try a DIY job.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
66 Posts
I can see the value of a (cheaper) matt-finish oleophobic film, but I'd guess that most of the cost here is justified by the tempered glass. While I can see that being a useful feature for a phone (and have used several Spigen ones in the past), what use is that on a car? It's not as if the display is likely to get dropped on concrete or accidentally hit with a hammer; the risk of scratches from wedding rings or whatever would be mitigated equally well with just a film. The only advantage I can think of is that application is easier with glass compared to film. I've got nothing against this product as it clearly does its job well and I'll admit I'm tempted, but it seems overkill - I might just see if I can find a suitable quality film first and try a DIY job.
Valid points. For me, this is all about the matte finish and glare and fingerprints. This Spigen one is worth it to me because of. the ease of installation and perfect alignment and zero bubbles. Prefer glass over film personally. This should stay much less oily and fingerprint covered.

Cost is worth it for ease of install and spread out over time I will have the vehicle is negligible.

I’m not using it to protect it from damage, although if something was to possibly drop, it would be good to simply replace the screen rather than having to replace the entire tablet. That seems highly unlikely agreed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've installed the plastic film screen protector since last late last year and recently I upgraded to the tempered glass type. Here are my personal thoughts and opinions.

Both are matt type so glare reduction is good compared to the original screen with a protector, both reduces finger prints marks but one does it ever so slightly better in my opinion see below.
Both are very easy to wipe clean.

Plastic screen protector:
brotect 2-Pack Screen Protector Anti-Glare compatible with Volvo Polestar 2 2020 Infotainment System Screen Protector Matte, Protection Film https://amzn.eu/d/g2XrVtd

Pro
  • Cheaper (2 in a pack)
  • both glass and plastic hides finger prints very well, but I do think the plastic film better masks it ever so slightly better if your fingers are very greasy.

Con
  • A bit trickier to fit compared to glass type. Really have to check the alignment and ensuring application is bubble free
  • interaction with the screen is not as nice as pressing/touching glass (nit picking)

Tempered Glass
Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/iv2vVrY

Pro
  • So much easier to fit, alignment is perfect and bubble free
  • Interaction with the glass type is like using the original screen

Con
  • expensive
  • finger print masking is very good but the plastic film does it ever so slightly better

I've only had the glass one about a week, let's see if my opinion changes over time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts