Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've installed the plastic film screen protector since last late last year and recently I upgraded to the tempered glass type. Here are my personal thoughts and opinions.

Both are matt type so glare reduction is good compared to the original screen with a protector, both reduces finger prints marks but one does it ever so slightly better in my opinion see below.
Both are very easy to wipe clean.

Plastic screen protector:
brotect 2-Pack Screen Protector Anti-Glare compatible with Volvo Polestar 2 2020 Infotainment System Screen Protector Matte, Protection Film https://amzn.eu/d/g2XrVtd

Pro
  • Cheaper (2 in a pack)
  • both glass and plastic hides finger prints very well, but I do think the plastic film better masks it ever so slightly better if your fingers are very greasy.

Con
  • A bit trickier to fit compared to glass type. Really have to check the alignment and ensuring application is bubble free
  • interaction with the screen is not as nice as pressing/touching glass (nit picking)

Tempered Glass
Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/iv2vVrY

Pro
  • So much easier to fit, alignment is perfect and bubble free
  • Interaction with the glass type is like using the original screen

Con
  • expensive
  • finger print masking is very good but the plastic film does it ever so slightly better

I've only had the glass one about a week, let's see if my opinion changes over time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
if the screen still works good with it installed, I’m going to put one of those on mine too. Thanks for the info!
In terms of sensitivity, there's no impact at all.
In regards to visibility of the screen, there's a very very miniscule difference to the screen clarity because of the matt surface.
However, the matt surface helps immensely with the glare from lights and sun etc.

I totally recommend it, I found before I used any screen protector, the screen got so dirty and grubby I was frequently having to wipe it clean with the polestar inclusive microfiber cloth.

With the screen protector I only had to wipe it once a month if that, it was very good with finger prints my experience is with the plastic film type. I've only had a week with the glass one, it is doing a good job too. As I have stated above, the plastic film is a tad better from the limited one week experience.

The tempered glass fits so much better it's almost invisible compared to the film, partly due to when I fitted the plastic film protector, it was ever so slightly misaligned to one side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts