Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
if the screen still works good with it installed, I’m going to put one of those on mine too. Thanks for the info!
In terms of sensitivity, there's no impact at all.
In regards to visibility of the screen, there's a very very miniscule difference to the screen clarity because of the matt surface.
However, the matt surface helps immensely with the glare from lights and sun etc.

I totally recommend it, I found before I used any screen protector, the screen got so dirty and grubby I was frequently having to wipe it clean with the polestar inclusive microfiber cloth.

With the screen protector I only had to wipe it once a month if that, it was very good with finger prints my experience is with the plastic film type. I've only had a week with the glass one, it is doing a good job too. As I have stated above, the plastic film is a tad better from the limited one week experience.

The tempered glass fits so much better it's almost invisible compared to the film, partly due to when I fitted the plastic film protector, it was ever so slightly misaligned to one side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In terms of sensitivity, there's no impact at all.
In regards to visibility of the screen, there's a very very miniscule difference to the screen clarity because of the matt surface.
However, the matt surface helps immensely with the glare from lights and sun etc.

I totally recommend it, I found before I used any screen protector, the screen got so dirty and grubby I was frequently having to wipe it clean with the polestar inclusive microfiber cloth.

With the screen protector I only had to wipe it once a month if that, it was very good with finger prints my experience is with the plastic film type. I've only had a week with the glass one, it is doing a good job too. As I have stated above, the plastic film is a tad better from the limited one week experience.

The tempered glass fits so much better it's almost invisible compared to the film, partly due to when I fitted the plastic film protector, it was ever so slightly misaligned to one side.
SOLD, thanks for that! I probably won’t have my car until thanksgiving or later, but I assume I will hate fingerprints then just as much as I do now, so I’m going to buy one😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine today and installed, it's SO much better and makes you wonder why so many car companies ship with a large, glossy, reflective screen, instead of matte.

Answering my own question, availability of screens that do this native, and of course, cost.

Thanks OP, I would never have installed a screen protector in my car, only assuming breakages on phones, tablets and nintendo switches :)

·
Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather
209 Posts
I've installed the plastic film screen protector since last late last year and recently I upgraded to the tempered glass type. Here are my personal thoughts and opinions.

Both are matt type so glare reduction is good compared to the original screen with a protector, both reduces finger prints marks but one does it ever so slightly better in my opinion see below.
Both are very easy to wipe clean.

Plastic screen protector:
brotect 2-Pack Screen Protector Anti-Glare compatible with Volvo Polestar 2 2020 Infotainment System Screen Protector Matte, Protection Film brotect 2-Pack Screen Protector Anti-Glare compatible with Volvo Polestar 2 2020 Infotainment System Screen Protector Matte, Protection Film: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Pro
  • Cheaper (2 in a pack)
  • both glass and plastic hides finger prints very well, but I do think the plastic film better masks it ever so slightly better if your fingers are very greasy.

Con
  • A bit trickier to fit compared to glass type. Really have to check the alignment and ensuring application is bubble free
  • interaction with the screen is not as nice as pressing/touching glass (nit picking)

Tempered Glass
Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack Spigen EZ Fit Anti-Glare Matte Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Polestar 2 (2020-2022) 11.2 inch - 1 Pack : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Pro
  • So much easier to fit, alignment is perfect and bubble free
  • Interaction with the glass type is like using the original screen

Con
  • expensive
  • finger print masking is very good but the plastic film does it ever so slightly better

I've only had the glass one about a week, let's see if my opinion changes over time.
please do post back. I installed the brotect a week+ ago, didn't see the spigen. Brotect is very easy to install and is a huge improvement on fingerprints (it does need wiping every once in a while but nothing like the naked screen which really was bad). No issues at all with touch sensitivity or function. Glare still there as expected. Uncertain on whether I'd be ok with slightly reduced sharpness of the matte spigen. The glare is noticable on the home screen but in maps, the grey background that google uses is very effective in reducing glare.

Can you post a pic or two of the spigen matte finish? So far I'm happy with brotect so would have to decide whether it's worth it to buy 2x.

·
Registered
LRDM Midnight Blue, Pilot & Plus packs
139 Posts
please do post back. I installed the brotect a week+ ago, didn't see the spigen. Brotect is very easy to install and is a huge improvement on fingerprints (it does need wiping every once in a while but nothing like the naked screen which really was bad). No issues at all with touch sensitivity or function. Glare still there as expected. Uncertain on whether I'd be ok with slightly reduced sharpness of the matte spigen. The glare is noticable on the home screen but in maps, the grey background that google uses is very effective in reducing glare.

Can you post a pic or two of the spigen matte finish? So far I'm happy with brotect so would have to decide whether it's worth it to buy 2x.
Same here, only installed the Brotec last week, so far so good, no problems installing it, but interested to see what the matte finish looks like.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just put on the Spigen film this morning. Idiot proof install. While the matte finish reduced the contrast a little, I find it smoother to touch on. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I assume that this would fit in the 2023 touchscreen as well, right? The description just says 2021/2022
@TJ313, I hope so. I do not believe that that MY23 cars are getting a new center screen. The seller might not have put MY23 in their listing since there are no MY23 cars out yet.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Snow, Pilot
157 Posts
Also thanks to OP -- I just received it and installed. Should have installed in the bright sunlight for true before and after pics but heck couldn't wait for that.

I already am really liking the clean, non-glare look, and looking forward to not seeing a shiny greasy dusty glass all day. There is a tiny sacrifice on clarity -- content is a bit duller (not a bad thing in my view) and looks just a bit pixelated, but the non-glare is easily worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Drove first time today after install and noticed these two perfect circle that show up.
(cleaning did nothing. It does not appear to be coming from an external source)
Anyone seen this after install?

View attachment 15044
No circles on mine. Are you sure those aren’t trapped air bubbles? Have your tried scraping with the included squeegee?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts