Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Drove first time today after install and noticed these two perfect circle that show up.
(cleaning did nothing. It does not appear to be coming from an external source)
Anyone seen this after install?

View attachment 15044
@in2insight , I see one after install. Will try squeegeeing it out and see what happens

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well, I was too early for the Prime Day deal LOL... but I can confirm this is a huge improvement. I installed this in my car last week and have been super happy with it. Doesn't prevent fingerprints entirely but certainly makes them less prevalent. The matte finish is really nice and while it "softens" the image on the screen a tad you really don't notice it in day-to-day.

Also to add; the installation process was a complete non-issue. The installation frame is really nice and made it an absolute breeze. Not the cheapest option out there (even on Prime Day) but definitely something I'd recommend.

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
145 Posts
Spigen sent over an extra one that they don't want back and said could be given away.
It is the full retail package for the P2.
If interested, let me know. Shipping not included and USA only please (due to taxes, etc.) :)

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Got one in each car now - looks good!

as one is a lease, anyone know if it's relatively easy to take off when the time comes? (if the folks I turn it back to would even notice...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got one in each car now - looks good!

as one is a lease, anyone know if it's relatively easy to take off when the time comes? (if the folks I turn it back to would even notice...)
I ordered one on prime day, got it today and was about to install it - then noticed it had several cracks in it. Fortunately Amazon is great with returns and my replacement will be here in 2 days. I still have the manufacturers protective film on it so I don’t have to worry as much about dust being on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got one of these (pre-Prime Day). I'm glad to have the scratch protection, but I am not a big fan of the matte finish. If they ever release a non-anti-glare one, I might replace it.

As an aside, the box said "Volvo Polestar 2" lol. I see on the website it now says "Polestar Polestar 2."

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Dual Motor, Plus Pack, 19”, Void, Slate WeaveTech
84 Posts
I got one of these (pre-Prime Day). I'm glad to have the scratch protection, but I am not a big fan of the matte finish. If they ever release a non-anti-glare one, I might replace it.

As an aside, the box said "Volvo Polestar 2" lol. I see on the website it now says "Polestar Polestar 2."
This a high quality screen protector. However, the matte finish drove me nuts. Some images looked dull and lacked vibrancy. After 2.2 it became noticeable with CarPlay so I removed it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I removed it about 15 minutes after installing and driving around with it. The contrast reduction is MASSIVE and definitely not worth the potential fingerprint reduction in my opinion. Maybe it would be OK at night. I'm really surprised how much everyone seems to like this considering how immediately bad it looked to me (see pics at end).

I installed it correctly with both protective films removed. The installation was really easy and I didn't have any bubbles to deal with. I had one really small micro-fiber that got trapped under the sheet, but you could hardly notice it. It was pretty easy to remove and the removal proved to me that the sheet was adhered across the full area.

Automotive design Gadget Communication Device Personal luxury car Vehicle

Before

Communication Device Telephony Automotive design Mobile device Portable communications device

After

I recommend saving your money and I think the title of this thread should be changed because this is not an absolute must have. In my case it was an absolute waste of money!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts