Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a drive the other night (because I wanted to drive the car... not because I actually had an errand to run or anything) and about 20 minutes in, the music stopped.

"Hmmm," I thought. "That's weird." I hit play, music resumed, all was good.

Then it stopped again. "Bother! I hit play again and, again, the music resumed."

To make a long story much shorter, over the next 15 minutes or so, this kept happening. I checked the cell signal, and it was fine. I checked the radio and it was fine and didn't drop out. Spotify was flakey, but everything else was solid.

'Got home and mentioned it to my wife. My wife and daughter had tried to use Spotify on our home Sonos system and had gotten error messages. Spotify won't allow you to have a single user run it on two different systems at the same time, lol. It wasn't the car at all! It was my wife and daughter trying to play Spotify at home and every time they got it working, it would stop working in my car and every time I hit "play" again in my car, it would stop working at home.

We were having Spotify Control Wars... a brand new game for Polestar owners.

I was relieved and I am amused. 'Thought you might be, too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same thing when I was on vacation and my daughter at home used my desktop to play songs on my account :)

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
138 Posts
Try Spotify Duo (2 linked accounts, €13/mo) or Spotify Family (6 accounts, €16/mo)
I switched to Family last week, for the same reason of my kids hijacking the account at home while I was out running (commutes being nonexistent these days).
The Family version has 6 accounts, while we are 4. Hmmm.... 2 accounts left for the P*2... one for me alone in the car, and one when I have passengers... 😁

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
113 Posts
Pandora does the same thing except it does ask you "let me listen or let them listen" after a song is finished. Does anyone know if Pandora is working on Android Automotive?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I ask for a song without specifying Spotify, the car tells me Pandora isn't installed, but that I can install it. So I assume it's there and works though I haven't tried.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is not exactly the same question as Op posted, but a little similar.

Has anyone noticed the Spotify volume dropping off sometimes? It's similar to Google Home/ Homepod and Siri when the volume decreases ~30% like it's trying to listen to a voice command.

I've been noticing it happening more, especially at red lights even when no one is talking in the car. About 5-8 seconds later, the Spotify volume returns to normal. It does not seem like it's specific to a Spotify song or playlist or anything either.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts

Has anyone noticed the Spotify volume dropping off sometimes? It's similar to Google Home/ Homepod and Siri when the volume decreases ~30% like it's trying to listen to a voice command.

I've been noticing it happening more, especially at red lights even when no one is talking in the car. About 5-8 seconds later, the Spotify volume returns to normal. It does not seem like it's specific to a Spotify song or playlist or anything either.
Are you talking about the speed/environment modulation the audio system uses?
The system is meant to auto-tune the sound system based on the level of noise. So around town you might hear it sound differently as it adjusts those settings. I find on the highway this is fairly seamless but around the city they're more noticeable.

A few of us have noticed/complained that the system is either too aggressive or sudden in how it's applied and are hoping this will get evened out with future updates.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

I have absolutely noticed this. It has definitely happened at stop lights, but I can't confirm that's the only place it's happened, I think it's just intermittent. My first thought was that it has to do with 4G reception. And it's not just Spotify, it happens with iHeart Radio as well (maybe other apps too?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts