Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pick up our P2 on this week and have been trying to sort the hitch situation (short version, I want a 2" receiver and don't want a bunch of extensions/adapters to be able to use our Kuat NV2).

I blindly reached out to Stealth Hitches to ask if they were working on one, and was told that it's a high priority for them, but they don't currently have a car to develop it on.

If you are in the Atlanta Georgia area and willing to part with your car for two days, you'd get a free Stealth Hitch (and install) and be doing the broader owner base a huge favor.

I exchanged notes with Steve, I'll link him to this post, but I'd imagine if you just use the site's contact us feature, you'll get him.

FULL TRANSPARENCY:
I'm not associated with Stealth Hitch. I'm not receiving a "kick-back," or anything like that. I simply want an option in addition to the OEM tow bar. I've never had a Stealth Hitch on my vehicle, but I've known multiple folks who have, and have loved it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm....I don't expect to ever tow with my P2, as my wife's Q7 TDi is far better suited. But I am in the Atlanta area.....
We are in the same boat. I've got a Touareg TDI that does the towing. But would love to be able to put my bike rack on our P2 for cabin trips. Be a hero BaconKing. :)

·
Registered
22 P2 Thunder, Performance, Pilot
30 Posts
If it was a PPF installer needing a car to build their template, I'd already be in the car driving there.....
I've seen a few other folks from Atlanta post on here. If one of them would get more use out of it, I'll gladly step aside for one of them. If not, I'll do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough, I'm in Atlanta the next two days for work. I'll just steal your car and take it there. Appreciate you considering this, truly!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are they going to rate it to tow?
Towing capacity would be the same as determined by Polestar. If it’s class three, it would have significantly more capacity, but that doesn’t change what the polestar would be rated. But I’m not in it for that, I’m into it for 2” receiver and higher tongue weight for bike rack support.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just spoken with Steve at Stealth Hitch, and as of today no one has volunteered to take their Polestar 2 for the development of a hitch. If you're not familiar with Stealth Hitch, it is able to be completely hidden when you're not using it. Those of us wanting it for things other than towing, such as a bike rack in my situation, would really appreciate someone in the area volunteering. Steve's email address is [email protected]

Also, if you are in the Arizona area, Uhaul will do the same. They too are in need of a model car to develop a hitch for the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We installed one on our Model 3 and it was great! That's why I'd rather have a Stealth Hitch over a fixed mount that is always there. While I don't think it will be as big a deal on the P2, the Model 3 sits quite a bit lower. Being able to remove the bottom part of the hitch was both visibly appealing and practical for ground clearance concerns.

I have a stealth hitch installed on my BMW 430i... LOVE IT! View attachment 12672

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep... On the BMW it sits pretty low. Having the ability to completely remove it in a couple minutes is fantastic. And the quality of their hitch is second to none. I ordered my P2 with the factory hitch, so we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
20 Posts
I sent this information to my friend who just got his Polestar 2 in Atlanta today. He reached out to them and is going to have the install scheduled for hopefully this week!

Thanks for posting this! He really wanted to get a hitch also was not looking forward to the cost.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
401 Posts
I sent this information to my friend who just got his Polestar 2 in Atlanta today. He reached out to them and is going to have the install scheduled for hopefully this week!

Thanks for posting this! He really wanted to get a hitch also was not looking forward to the cost.
I'm so tired I thought I read this post was posted 16 months ago and not 16 min ago. Was so excited to go place an order for it lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Awesome. So great to hear. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's amazing news! Please keep us updated if you don't mind.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We are in the same boat. I've got a Touareg TDI that does the towing. But would love to be able to put my bike rack on our P2 for cabin trips. Be a hero BaconKing. :)
That’s exactly what I want it to put my mtb
If I were near Atlanta for sure I will leave my car for couple of days in exchange for a free hitch. Those are great quality ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last I heard from Steve at Stealth Hitch (last week), they had someone interested in having their car used to design the hitch in Atlanta, but an appointment date had not yet been scheduled. Hopefully that will happen soon. We move bikes too...

My Chevy Bolt (which they bought back from me):
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive bicycle rack

My Model 3:
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Bicycle

My ID.4:
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

And my P2 is just not complete without them:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

That’s exactly what I want it to put my mtb
If I were near Atlanta for sure I will leave my car for couple of days in exchange for a free hitch. Those are great quality ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts