Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 PS2, Void, Leather, Plus
22 Posts
I also asked about the cost and the representative said it would likely be near the cost of the Tesla 3 hitch - $568.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Latest update, I just spoke to Richard at Stealth Hitch. They have a second Polestar in the shop as we speak. It is a bit tricky as they need to remove the back bumper cover and it has the lights built into it, but they are making good progress. The great news: Pre-orders will start next week or at the latest the week after, with deliveries scheduled for mid June!
Price as someone else mentioned will be ~$600, the first units will NOT be for towing, they will start with bike racks (I am assuming some weight limit) but a more robust version will follow. He said the more pre orders they get the better, they just started taking pre orders for the EV6 and they got a lot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Latest update, I just spoke to Richard at Stealth Hitch. They have a second Polestar in the shop as we speak. It is a bit tricky as they need to remove the back bumper cover and it has the lights built into it, but they are making good progress. The great news: Pre-orders will start next week or at the latest the week after, with deliveries scheduled for mid June!
Price as someone else mentioned will be ~$600, the first units will NOT be for towing, they will start with bike racks (I am assuming some weight limit) but a more robust version will follow. He said the more pre orders they get the better, they just started taking pre orders for the EV6 and they got a lot.
How do you pre-order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would imagine on their website, when it is open to pre orders (next week hopefully). I gave him my email and asked to be informed. As soon as I hear I will post to this forum.
I’ll give a try next week. Still no info on Polestar models in their website yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m over here patiently waiting to get my car back, meanwhile driving around In a Volvo with no air conditioning in the Atlanta heat. Send your empathy my way. 😂😂😂
***of course extremely grateful for the team over at Stealth Hitch!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Emailed to them again today, Richard is out this week but they are till on track to release a bike rack only version "soon".. I think that won't be until at least next week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd be interested in a hitch that can tow to the OEM euro spec hitch of 3,000lbs or even a bit less. I have a track car that with trailer is well under 2500lbs. Would be great to be able to tow it with the Polestar.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRDM / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus, Pilot, & Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
156 Posts
I have the factory Towbar Hitch and it is rated at 2,000 LBS max with a 200 LBS ball pressure. I suspect an aftermarket would need to have similar max ratings. I doubt the engineers set the limits arbitrarily. Excited to see Stealth offer a $600 option which is less than half that of the factory.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
400 Posts
I have the factory Towbar Hitch and it is rated at 2,000 LBS max with a 200 LBS ball pressure. I suspect an aftermarket would need to have similar max ratings. I doubt the engineers set the limits arbitrarily. Excited to see Stealth offer a $600 option which is less than half that of the factory.
They already said 3000lbsmax, 300lbmax.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@wjae529

Mind taking some more pics of where they had to cut out at the bottom?
I have the stealth accessory only hitch on my car. They used my car for their Research & Development. Unfortunately they aren't able to offer a wiring harness as of now and therefore the hitch does not meet my needs. I will have to bite the bullet and pay for an OEM hitch. I had to add the foldaway to the xc60 I had before this car and it was a lot less than what polestar wants. sucks!!!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts