Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight got stuck at normal public 11kw AC charger on roadside.

disonnected xharging cable on the normal way and started to drive away. After 3-4 metres car went i to emergency stop with red error screen saying “remove charger cable before start”.

there is nocable to remove! The car doesnt go forward/back and i am partly on the road....

i tried to connect reconnect switch off reset amdroid notjibg helps.

car is blocked. Thinls there is a cable which isnt there.

called polestar conmect and they will send roadside assitence. They just arrived and appearantly they need to bridge the charging contacts to make the car realise that indeed there is no cable....

strange thing is that today the car got the latest december android10 update in the garage.

polestar connect says it may be the software update and advices to take the car back to the garage tomorrow for check. Sofar the improvenents of the s

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
roadside assistance arrived.

the problem is known and they will bridge the contacts of the charging point so the car thinks there is no cable.

according to the tech support of the roadside assistance this issue can happen after a software update. Known to polestar. They are working on this. I need to go back to the harage tomorrow to rerun the update.

they put a brdige, car works again, just can not charge.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
The bridge only needs to be put on to get you moving again. Once the car's been shut down properly for a bit, it'll be fine.

This is nothing to do with the very latest update, it's been a known problem for a couple of months.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have been advised by polestar support that this can be related to a software update, as it happened several times with cars just after updating. So i have been advised to go back to the garage to rerun the update.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
So.... I believe in the US we may be offered the new software soon.
Should I take it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
checked on internet, and my bridged pins are PP (not CP) with PE. TOP LEFT PIN when you look at the charge connection in the car to the center one.

The right side of the picture shows the male plug of the car (mirrored). The roadside assistance connected my PP (control pilot) pin with the PE protective earth pin. The PP is pre insertion signal, so, if this is neutralised by connecting to earth (pe) the car will think no cable connected i assume, so makes sense to bypass the car logic/error.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
checked on internet, and my bridged pins are CP with PE.

View attachment 3563
The right side of the picture sshows the male plug of the car (mirrored). The roadside assistance connected my CP (control pilot) pin with the PE protective earth pin. The CP is post insertion signal, somif this is neutralised by connecting to earth (pe) the car will think no cable connected i assume, so makes sense to bypass the car logic/error.
So add "length of copper wire" to the list of items I should chuck into the frunk in case things go awry?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Note to self: Get two crocodile clips and some wire and put in the frunk and print this photo out and leave in glove compartment.
One of those things I was going to do tomorrow when the forum first discussed this. Guess what- I’ll do it tomorrow until I find myself stuck .. and then I’ll do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Looks like a shortened RCA audio cable, one to check out as I have a few lying around the house. The PE pin is a bit thicker though, modification required.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
160 Posts
Would this be the ‘workaround’ trick?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts