Polestar Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
P2, non-PP, Void, Tow Bar
12 Posts
I live in the UK, and drive P2 (non-performance). Yesterday I averaged 39.8kWh/100miles over 175 miles. 1c to 4c over the course of the day. I don't one-pedal drive. Mostly motorway at 65mph (I was aiming for efficiency!) with say 25 miles of town driving.

100% to 4%.

Should I be happy? For me, this is the maximum efficiency I could get as my driving really was textbook. View attachment 3419
Same run profile, yes 2c warmer, but I averaged 36.1kWh/100miles, yet crucially I was driving normally and average speed was 52mph. So, to get a true read I’d need to drive as economically as I did last time. But, for me, definitely more efficient and I was notably faster. Excellent!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
1600W? Continuously? No way! Where did you get that number from?

It's an impossible number to pin down anyway as it's going to depend on so many other factors - it's not a constant.
Bjorn slept in the car in the artic circle ... kept weight on the drivers seat with seatbelt plugged in.

He consumed 16kw of battery over 10 hours, outside was -10 deg C. Therefore he used 1.6kw per hour .... sorry I missed a slash after the kw and before the h.

Now you could say the screen and other parts of the car also took some of the power, and/or that if the outside temp is higher then less energy will be used.

So I was using the 1.6kw/h for an example ... you are right it's not a consistence number because it will depend on the temperature difference, but I was trying to convey how much energy the car can use in winter to keep warm, hence why efficiency is lower than expected.

Reactions: KRS

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Bjorn slept in the car in the artic circle ... kept weight on the drivers seat with seatbelt plugged in.

He consumed 16kw of battery over 10 hours, outside was -10 deg C. Therefore he used 1.6kw per hour .... sorry I missed a slash after the kw and before the h.

Now you could say the screen and other parts of the car also took some of the power, and/or that if the outside temp is higher then less energy will be used.

So I was using the 1.6kw/h for an example ... you are right it's not a consistence number because it will depend on the temperature difference, but I was trying to convey how much energy the car can use in winter to keep warm, hence why efficiency is lower than expected.
More pedantically, he used on average 1.6 kWh/h = 1.6 kW. You were more correct the first time.

·
Registered
146 Posts

1600w isn't bad; think of using a hair dryer running constantly to heat the entire cabin.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another warm day. 50/50 motorway/backroads. 77-80 mph on the highway.

Temperature 66F at the start, down to 59F at the finish. Parked halfway (A—>B—>A) for 45 min.

Range (75 kWh usable,100-0% SOC) = 220 mi

Nominal range (90-10% SOC) = 176 mi

(My car has PP)

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
129 Posts
Today a short ride to go for a long walk around some lake and river. Spring time: 18 degrees. Partly on highway (105 km/h), the rest were roads between 30km/h till 80 km/h. Wind: south 4.
i am pleased with the 18.9 Kwh/100 km which was the lowest in my first 1000 km

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
825 Posts
In another video (between 8C and 11C) he slept for 9 hours and used 11% (so about 8kWh) which seems more reasonable.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
So that's 30.6kWh/100miles or a range of about 250 miles (y).

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
I still have noticed pretty high initial consumption even with the temps at the start of driving pushing into the 20sC/70sF. I thought the high initial consumption was because of colder temperatures - so what's the deal?

Over night here the temps get down to 40sF/5-10C, so is it that the battery cools off at night more efficiently than it passively heats up from the environment in the day?

·
Registered
25 Posts
250 miles in +20C is absolutely doable with a not so heavy right foot. Winter in northern Sweden often means -15C and then I don't expect (or get) more than 150 miles

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
1600w isn't bad; think of using a hair dryer running constantly to heat the entire cabin.
Yes, but that was his average. Initially it could be as high as 6 or 7 kw to warm up, and then only 1.6 kw to keep it warm.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts